f

Thursday, May 17, 2012

A New Dress For A Summer Day

A quick post to share with you my new project.
I was fortunate enough to find this pattern and it has never been used so the embroidery transfer is intact. 
I have a beautiful piece of vintage linen. The color is much lighter than it photographed. I think I will try out a few shades of green for the leaves and stems before I make my final decision on the fabric. After all, I don't want to go to all the trouble of doing all the embroidery and then it can't be seen. I may change my mind and just go with a white linen. I'll post pictures of my progress. Take note of the "Quickie" printed at the bottom of the pattern. The dress might be simple, but who would ever think that all the embroidery would make this a "quickie" garment?



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

4 comments:

  1. All that embroidery certainly won't make this a quickie, but the results will be spectacular, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! I have used machine embroidery on a few of my dresses. To me it's a matter of deciding on the designs and playing with the layout. After the marks have been made, it's ready for the embroidering. I look forward to seeing your finished garment :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a stunner. My mother was a trade embroiderist in the 1950s and I love to do hand embroidery when I get the chance.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh, this reminds me of some of the pieces in the Oscar dela Renta Spring 2012 line. I'm sure this is going to make up an amazing dress.

    ReplyDelete