f

Tuesday, September 8, 2020

Fabulous Free Pattern Friday/A Recap

When I was growing up, and would visit my grandmother who had NO air conditioning, there were nights that I thought I would literally melt. I would complain. She would answer my complaint with, "just lay still, you'll cool off." Oh yea, right!!!(Note the sarcasm ;) A number of years ago, before we installed central air in our home, my husband had been out of town, and the temps were ungodly. We had yet to put the window units, and I wasn't going to do it alone. My husband arrived home late that night, came upstairs where I had the ceiling fan as well as floor fans going. But, when it's so hot, they are just whipping around hot air. He got ready for bed laid down and complained about how hot is was. I said, "just lay still, you'll cool off." :) With that, he got up, went to the basement and came up with an air conditioner. I'll admit, I was grateful.  

A few days ago, a delivery truck came down our back alley and tore out our cable line, leaving us without a television. Well, a television with cable anyway. I told my husband that it would be fine. We have a television in our bedroom that doesn't have cable. I usually only turn it on for the news. With that, he went down to my studio and got my little television, along with the antenna, and mounted it up on top of our television cabinet. It's really quite the funny sight :) But, I have admit that even I miss the cable. The repairman is coming today! Hallelujah!!! 

_______________________________________________________

Last Sunday, my outfit of the day was this Shibori dyed skirt and top. A friend gave me the fabric. You may not believe this, but this was the first piece of fabric that I have ever been apprehensive about cutting into. It just felt so special.  


I originally posted the skirt in 2012 :/ Wow, 8 years ago!!! You can find all of the instructions on how to create it HERE. It's really quite simple, 2 rectangles in the front, and 2 rectangles in the back.



In the video, you can see how the rectangular extensions on the top panel causes a drape.  


My top was made with the scraps I had leftover. Fortunately, I had pieces that I was actually able to match the pattern, and look like it was always meant to be.

You can see with the top laying flat that it is literally 2 rectangles in the front, and 2 in the back. So super easy to do. 

I just ordered a devise that will make making videos so much easier. As soon as it arrives...look out!!! I have a lot of tutorials that I have been wanting to do. A number of you asked me to do a tutorial on the asymmetrical knit dress that I recently posted. I know the top pictured above is very basic, but I think it would be a good tutorial to do as it's a confidence builder.

A number of you have sent notes telling me that I have inspired you with my daily outfits. That brings me so much joy. Believe it or not, I get up each morning actually looking forward to what I am going to wear, whether I have some place to go or not. This is the first time in my life that I feel I am really enjoying my wardrobe. Who would have thought that a virus named COVID would make that happen!

Have a wonderful day, and pull on something that you've made :)

 Rhonda      




Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

3 comments:

  1. Love the look of this outfit. Very flattering! i can see why cutting into the beautiful fabric would be hard, but the results speak volumes to your vision and creative talents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful outfit and really understand about not wanting to cut into your special fabric. Will you put out how you measured for the skirt and top rectangles? They look really easy and fun to do.
    Thanks for getting your blog back up. I look forward to the postings every week

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for using the precious fabric! This is a great outfit!!

    ReplyDelete