f

Sunday, September 25, 2016

Eating For Your Future/Slow Cooker Vegetable Barley Soup

Not only do I find some wonderful recipes on Pinterest, sometimes I also find a great inspirational story. The recipe I'm sharing today comes from Dara of Cookin Canuck. She's a Canadian who now lives in the United States. Not only does she have some wonderful recipes on her blog, her weight loss success story is very inspirational. No magic, just changing her diet and adding a good workout routine. You can read her story HERE.   

The temperatures are beginning to change here in Chicago, and while I enjoy soup year round, I especially enjoy having soup on hand for a quick lunch and an easy supper. This one appealed to me because of course I love vegetables, and I especially enjoy barley.


I also love throwing all the ingredients in a slow cooker and going on about my day. 
This recipe has carrots, sweet potato, green beans, celery, onion, canned tomatoes, and barley.


The result is a very satisfying bowl of soup. You can find a printable version of the recipe HERE

I will make a couple of changes the next time around. The addition of a bay leaf would be nice, and 8 ounces of sliced mushrooms would also be a great. Mushrooms and barley just seem to go together to me.  

Hope you'll give the recipe a try. You might want to make up a pot and invite a few friends over for a bowl. I think they'll love you for it. I know I would :) And If you want an easy dessert to add to the meal, try out the Apple Tart I posted HERE.  


Happy Fall!
Rhonda



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

2 comments:

  1. Thought you might like to know that I made this soup, and it was yummy. Thank-you so much for sharing recipes occasionally. I read your blog regularly for the sewing and fashion posts, but am very happy you posted this recipe.

    ReplyDelete