f

Tuesday, March 8, 2016

The Sew News Pepernoot Coat Sew Along Begins!

It's finally here!!! The Pepernoot Coat from Waffle Patterns finally begins. It seems like it's been a long wait. You can find my post on the Sew News blog HERE.


This week we talk about the pattern, and the layered aspect, which is great. You may remember that I did a short video just to walk you through the process of choosing the size you want so that you can print just that size, or the sizes that you choose.
Here's the video just in case you would like to take another look, or a first look :-)



I also give you a few hints on the zippers. Remember, there are zippers in the pockets as well as a zipper down center front. 

As we move along in the sew along, I will show you a few options for the pockets. The pocket that was designed for the coat can actually be a patch pocket, so no zipper or tricky opening. Might be nice if you've never done a zipper opening or a welt pocket and this is not the first project that you want to try it out on.

This time around, there will be a Pepernoot sew along going on in Denver, Colorado. Sadie Fox of http://www.sadiefox.com/blog/  will be posting the work that her students are doing in her studio. So I think this will give you lots of inspiration for your own projects. You can also follow her HERE on Instragram.

Let me know if you have any questions. I'm always happy to help. Just leave a message here on this post, or you are always welcome to email me at sewbussted@yahoo.com

Happy Sewing! 
Rhonda




Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

2 comments:

  1. Hi Rhonda
    Would you suggest making a muslin to check first? I usually have to make a rounded back adjustment to accomodate my shoulder blades.
    Thank you
    Marie
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think a muslin would be a great idea. Of course just do the basic she'll, no hood and of course no pockets.

      Delete