f

Thursday, March 3, 2016

Thrifty Thursday/Free Pant Pattern From Style Arc

I am VERY late to the party on this one, but I just made up the Barb Pant from Style Arc patterns, and I LOVE it!!! Once I got the pants made, I slipped them on and I immediately grabbed another piece of fabric and made a second pair, that's how much I like the pattern.

I read a few reviews, and some said that the waist was too high. I didn't find this to be a problem. I made up the size 10 and made just a few adjustments. The waist was just a little too large, about 2" overall. I also made a small adjustment to the crotch, but that was it. I like the width of the leg. It's straight and slim, but it doesn't hug the leg.
The pattern was named the Best Pattern of 2015 by Pattern Review. I think that pretty much says it all. It's a great, simple pant pattern. Easy to pull on since they have an elastic waist. 
I got my pattern for free and I was afraid that the promotion might be over, but I gave it a try just a few days ago, and I was still able to get the pattern for free. In order to get the pattern, you will need to sign up for their weekly newsletter. I have actually enjoyed receiving their newsletter and seeing the new patterns.So if you're late to the party like me,  here's the link to the Free Barb Pant Pattern, 
http://www.stylearc.com/threads-promo/

I know you would like to see me in the pants. I promise to do a fashion show post in the next few days as there are so many pieces that I need to share with you. But in the meantime, just to prove I did make the pants, here are the 2 pair that I made.
This pair are just all out fun.
This pair did not photograph all that well. They are made out of a gold stretch cotton velvet. They have been hemmed since I took the picture :) And BTW, I don't wear my pants this high!!!
The black and white pants have a lot of stretch to the fabric. I was a little concerned about the cotton velvet, it has a good bit of stretch, but not as much as the black and white fabric. But all in all, a great fit and I'm happy.
If you are like me and late to the Barb Pant Party, be sure to download your pattern ASAP as I don't know how much longer the promotion will be available.
Enjoy!
Rhonda



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

20 comments:

  1. I AM glad to know you don't wear your pants that high! (-;

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for this post and alerting us to this lovely free pattern.
    Just what I need, so perfect timing Thonda.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your review and the link Rhonda. I've seen so many Barb pants. Your velvet ones look amazing. It's about time I made some, especially since they're called Barb :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for letting me know about this pattern. I'm eager to try it in velvet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much! I will try these out. I guess I have been a bit suspicious that they would be like yoga pants which I would not wear in public.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not yoga panty at all. The hips do fit snugly, but not a yoga pant style. The waist is quite flat across the body which is really nice. The leg is straight, but not tight.

      Delete
  6. I, too, love this pattern. Thanks for the reminder--need to make another pair!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Rhonda, I have been a fan of Style Arc for several years, and have many of their patterns. However, I do not have this one so it will be a nice addition to my supply.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I am so happy :-) It's a great basic pant pattern. I think you'll really enjoy it.

      Delete
  8. Thank you Rhonda, I am just waiting for the pattern to arrive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great! It should arrive in your inbox almost immediately.

      Delete
  9. Thank you Rhonda for the link and shinning a light on this pattern, I'm going to give it a try. Downloading a pattern is new to me so I guess that means I'm venturing out and growing in my sewing level, yay! I also signed up for their newsletter, thanks again for the fun information.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for sharing the Promotion Event. I did subscribe to the Newsletter already some time ago but it worked nevertheless. Still Need to get around with pants...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sat on the pattern for quite some time too. A warning, once you do get them made, I think you'll be making a bunch :)
      Enjoy!

      Delete
  11. Thank you for the pointer Rhonda - I've just received my pattern! And I am keen too to see your new pants 'on person' too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been wearing the black and white pair like crazy. Just hasn't been a good photo taking time. But there will be, hopefully this coming week.

      Delete