f

Friday, March 4, 2016

Fabulous Free Pattern Friday/Geometric Dream Jacket

It's been 3 1/2 years since I made the Geometric Dreams Jacket! When I initially made it up for the Fabulous Free Pattern Friday post, I always intended to make up another in a nicer fabric. Sadly, that did not happen. But the jacket has been my go to jacket any time I'm a little chilly, and that's most of the time.
 Just to refresh your memory, the jacket begins as a basic shrug.
The bottom portion of the jacket is basically a half circle and a triangle. 
The time has finally come for a new jacket in a much nicer fabric. I decided to do a little experimenting as I wanted to see if the jacket really did need to be made in a knit fabric. It does not! This jacket is made out of a woven fabric with a little Lycra, so basically a stretch woven.The fabric is wool with about 3% Lycra.
The jacket is basically the same as the first except that I allowed more for the collar, and I added a little to the length. My half circle for the lower portion of the jacket is wider than my fabric would allow. In order to have the width I needed, I had to cut 2 half circles that are more like a rectangle with a rounded edge.
Again, since my fabric was not as wide as the fabric I used for the original jacket, so I needed to add cuffs to the sleeves. I cut the cuffs on the bias just to give a little definition. 
In the future, I may give the jacket another go in a less subtle plaid as I think it might be a lot of fun.
If you would like to make a Geometric Dreams Jacket of your own, you can find the instructions HERE.
Have fun!
Rhonda



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

5 comments:

  1. Both jackets are fabulous! How did you finish the edges?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Bicki. All I did was roll the edges for both jackets.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great jackets! Love them both!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Rhonda I like this jacket a lot, particularly the second with the larger collar and plaid fabric. I even have just the right fabric, I think! Thank you for reminding us about it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your jacket. Good to know it will work in a stretch woven.

    ReplyDelete