f

Sunday, March 13, 2016

Eating For Your Health/Roasted Cauliflower Wraps with a Twist

It's no secret that I LOVE roasted cauliflower, roasted vegetables in general, but especially roasted cauliflower. Last November, I shared a recipe for Grilled Cauliflower Wraps. Makes for a nice light supper, or a great sandwich when you're on the go.
This past week, I received an email from a fellow Texan. She told me that during Lent, she usually serves fried fish on Fridays, but this year decided to do something a little healthier, so she gave the roasted cauliflower wraps a try, but wait till you see what she did.
Rather than just roasted cauliflower, she mixed green bell peppers and onions with the cauliflower and roasted all together. If you look closely below, you'll see that I added a sliced jalapeno pepper to my mixture.
Below is my mixture just before it went into the oven. I had fun with spices too! 
While the vegetables were in the oven, I chopped up a bunch of fresh cilantro. 
 Vegetables roasted and ready to go.
I made up a batch of fresh hummus and smeared it on a whole grain tortilla. 
Topped the hummus with the roasted vegetables and freshly chopped cilantro, rolled it all together and then made my taste buds sing! 
If you would like to give it a try, here's the recipe;

1 head of cauliflower
1 green bell pepper
1 Spanish onion sliced
1 jalapeno pepper sliced
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon garlic powder
homemade or purchased hummus
1 bunch fresh cilantro
whole grain tortillas
2 tablespoons olive oil
salt and pepper to taste

Once you have broken the cauliflower into small florets, slice the bell pepper, onions, and jalapeno. Add spices and olive oil. Mix well. Pour on to a foil lined baking sheet and bake at 425 degrees until vegetables are golden brown and tender.
Build your wrap, roll and eat!

Thank you so much Lamar for your suggestions on the wraps. I can't wait to make this again, and again, and again!
See, a healthy diet can be fun :-)
Enjoy!
Rhonda



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

5 comments:

  1. This looks wonderful and I can't wait to try it. Like your friend, my hubs and I usually do fish, fried, from our local purveyor. They will now steam the fish, add the spices of your choice and charge by the pound. We have been having steamed fresh haddock and a light salad on Friday nights and its been wonderful. I don't think either of us will ever go back to the fried.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I lived close enough to come for dinner. Sounds wonderful!

      Delete
  2. This looks delicious and I can't wait to try. I wanted to pin this but I can't seem to get you Pinterest button to work. Wasn't sure if it was my computer. Thanks for this recipe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is SO good. I thought of something over the weekend that might be a nice addition, just a squeeze of fresh lime juice over the mixture befor you roll up the wrap. I'm going to give it a try tonight.

      Delete
  3. Tried it today. Delish!

    ReplyDelete