f

Monday, December 31, 2012

Monday Morning Inspiration

We're getting near the end of my pile of Modes Royale pattern catalogues. I think I have enough to take us through the end of January. If you enjoy, or love as I do, vintage fashion, this has given you an opportunity to put together a very nice collection of ideas. At least I hope so. 
Today's catalogue showcases the patterns from the Modes Royale Spring/Summer 1952 collection. There are some really pretty pieces in this collection, like the piece on the front cover.




 Check out the way the pocket is part of the front vent in the skirt above.

The jacket on the left above has a lovely collar and princess line detail.



I'm not a huge fan of the above dress, but I think the caplet is a rather interesting idea.











I'll see you back here next week for another visit with Modes Royale!
Have a great week and Happy New Year!
Rhonda



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

2 comments:

  1. They sure loved their buttons, strips and contrast fabric details back then! A lot of inspiration in these posts. Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think what attracts me most to these fashion drawings is the structural elements - unexpected changes of seam direction, buttons, topstitching and clever drafting. Thanks for sharing and a great 2013.

    ReplyDelete