f

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Savage Beauty...A Must!

Savage Beauty by Alexander McQueen

My newest toy, and I just had to share it with you. This is by far the best fashion book I have come across in a very long time. If you love fashion, this is a must buy for your collection. My pictures only give you a taste of the incredible mind of Alexander McQueen. The more I learn of this man, the more sadden I am that we lost him. I really believe that he had just begun to really hit his stride.   

 This jacket is just incredible and as avant garde as it is, it is still very wearable.
 A wonderful dress, and I have included the close up detail below.



 All I can say about the above pieces is, WOW!

 There's a good deal of Asian influence in many of the garments.
 Wonderful accessories. I especially love the bird nest hat.
 And of course I had to include shoes!!!!!


 Beautiful.


And last, but not least, my favorite section, the kilts, so inspiring.
If you would like to watch the show where many of these garments were first shown, you can find the link here.
As I said, the book is a must. All I want to do is sit and look. It is captivating. I ordered mine from Amazon. It's just a little more than $29.00 and the shipping is free if you are not in a big hurry to get it. You can find the link here.
Enjoy!
Rhonda



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

No comments:

Post a Comment