f

Saturday, October 29, 2011

A Look On The Bright Side With Russian Flair

 My husband passed along the current issue of The Wall Street Journal magazine this morning.
The layout they did was so bright and playful. As I looked at the styling, I realized that they were playing with the traditional Russian costume. I really enjoyed it, so I thought I would pass it along.  
I am going to have to save this picture. I absolutely love the painting that was done on the models face. Both cheeks is a little much, but just one cheek would be so much fun to do for a formal event.

 The play with patterns is great! Love, love, love the polka dot gloves!
The Prada dress we keep seeing over and over this season.



This is a wonderful coat. I love the fabric. It's by Thakoon and is a mere $1990.00. I'll take two please.

This picture makes me think of the movie, Dr. Zhivago. The movie is really slow through the first half, but if you can get through it, the second half is well worth it. Some of the scenes in the movie are so hauntingly beautiful. I especially love the scenes set in the Russian countryside.
 I found a few pictures of traditional Russian dress.

 And for all of us who sew, I just couldn't resist.
Hope you're all having a wonderful weekend and not spending too much time behind the sewing machine working on costumes.
Rhonda



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

1 comment:

  1. Interesting. Love some of the fabric choices they used.

    ReplyDelete