f

Sunday, November 8, 2015

Sunday's Soup/A Lovely and Aromatic Vegetable Soup

Almost 1 year to the day, I posted the picture below and did THIS post. In the post I explained about the diagnosis I had been given about moles on my retina and how happy I was to have been told that thankfully, they were not malignant. The down side, was that I would need to be closely monitored, a checkup every 6 months and that I needed to be very careful with my diet, eating a very plant based diet. 
I have been very vigilant with my diet. Hey, I'm human, I love a piece of chocolate or a slice of apple pie from time to time, but I have focused on a plant based diet. The good news!!!!, I had my 6 month check up this past week and he was so pleased with how I'm doing that he felt I could go a year between visits!!!!! Wow, was I shocked, shocked and oh so happy :) 
I told you that when my husband took the picture below, I had said, "I love this day!" Since then I have learned to love each and every day, the good, the bad and the ugly. They are all a gift :)

There are a number of things I do to keep my body in good working order, I try to walk 4 to 5 miles a day, eat a plant based diet as I told you, and eat the Power Packed Green Smoothie that I posted HERE maybe 3 times a week. So when I came across THIS vegetable detox soup from The Glowing Fridge, I decided to give it a try. Please don't let the word detox turn you off, if you like a lovely vegetable soup, by all means, give this soup a try.

This is truly a vegetable soup, no grains are used, but it is very satisfying. My husband loved it and especially enjoyed the spices which may seem a little different, turmeric, cinnamon, and cayenne. The 3 together are just perfect though.
So check out the recipe HERE.  She includes a great print out version of the recipe on the blog.
I've included a picture of Shannon's soup as it is a much prettier picture than mine. The picture alone will make you want to make this soup :)
Enjoy,
Rhonda




Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

10 comments:

  1. Mmmmm..... And CONGRATS on recapturing your health!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I was so happy when he gave me a year's reprieve. My acupuncturist would like to see the moles disappear, so we'll keep working at it. Keep eating all those vegetables ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy to hear about your news. That is really great. This soup looks fantastic. There is definitely something to eating a plant-based diet. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What great news! Yay!

    And just so you know, I read enjoy your healthy food based posts as much as your sewing posts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the good news, yummy looking soup.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so happy for your great health news. I will definatly try this soup, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so happy for your great health news. I will defiantly try this soup. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just thrilled to hear the wonderful news about your eyes!! A real blessing. Oh, and this soup looks delish; I must try it. Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Replies
    1. Thank you. Everyone has been so nice about sharing in my joy :)

      Delete