f

Saturday, November 7, 2015

A Great Circular Skirt Comparison Guide

Welcome to the weekend!
I had intended to do this post yesterday, but I spent the day working on the upcoming post for the Upline Jacket sew along. I am so very happy with how the longer coat version is turning out. Thought I would give you a little sneak peek ;) 
I cannot wait to wear this coat! As pretty as the seaming is, the coat looks even better on.

I receive some of the loveliest gifts. A week or so ago, I opened my inbox to find a message from Claire. She had made this wonderful circular skirt comparison guide using the skirts that I did for a guest post on the Sew News blog. This would be great to download and have handy for whenever you are thinking about drafting out a circular skirt and wondering about how much fullness you might like to have.

I've printed one out on card stock. Like I said, it's such a wonderful resource. The thought just occurred to me that a fabric yardage chart might be nice to add to this. I will work on it and post it soon. 

Thanks so much Claire for taking the time to do this. Not only a nice gift to me, but for all who sew!

If you would like to take a look at drafting the circular skirt, you can find the tutorial HERE. 

By the way, Claire blogs at www.sew-incidentally.com Be sure to check out her blog!



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

6 comments:

  1. I love this tutorial! I've used it for the full and 1/2 skirts and it worked perfectly. I know have a standard circle skirt pattern to use thanks to her, it's made things so much easier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rhonda, for always sharing such helpful information.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have yet to make a circle skirt, but this will ease the process, surely! Must try it soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your seams. The shape of that point is fabulous. What a great visual resource. Lovely to see how the different skirts drape. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there Rhondda,
    Great posting, especially as one of my daughters is interested in making full circular skirts.
    Would love to know what pattern is being used for the fabulous coat you are making.............the styling of the seams is beautiful and I cannot wait to see the completed coat on you. It looks stunning already. Hope it is a bought pattern, so I can give it a try.
    Thanks as always.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whoops, sorry Rhonda, just spotted the pattern on a previous posting.

    ReplyDelete