f

Friday, March 15, 2013

Google Reader Dilemma

I've seen a number of posts about the fact that Google Reader will be shutting down. URG!!!!! Why oh why do they need to change something that works so well for so many?!!! Oh well...here is a solution at least for now,

All you have to do is click on the icon on the right hand page of my blog and you can sign up for Bloglovin. You will then receive emails based on your preference, I think you can have emails sent daily or weekly that will tell you when posts have been made. This works really well. I have a number of blogs that come to me this way. I do not receive an email for each one separately, the posts all come in one convenient email.
This was the message that was posted on my Bloglovin page this morning,
Google Reader is shutting down July 1st.
Make sure that your blog readers know that they'll still be able to follow your blog through bloglovin.
Okay, a solution for now.
I'm working on my FFPF post now. It's called Building Blocks. Remember playing with blocks when you were a child? Well, it's sorta the same thing. See you a little later!
Rhonda



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

10 comments:

  1. I was wondering about that message re: Google Reader. That was frustrating. Thanks for the helpful info'! :)
    ~Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read on a couple of sites that Bloglovin might be going down in the not too distant future as well. Wish I could remember where. My big questions is once Google reader is gone will I still be able to follow my blogs thru the dashboard. Also, will the blogrolls disappear from blogs. I am waiting for more info on these before I make any clicks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a feeling that it will all iron out and not be a big deal at all in the end. Probably just a lot about nothing!! Time will tell:)

      Delete
    2. bloglovin is definitely not going down. Has the highest engagement of any reader to date - and just hit 2 million members.

      Delete
  3. I came to Google Reader from Bloglines when Bloglines announced that they were going away; after a couple of months, Bloglines pretty much said, 'Just kidding! We're not going away after all!' By that time I had everything set up for Google reader...but now I'm thinking I'm gonna be switching back.

    Maybe I'm a prude, but I'm not a fan of the Bloglovin' graphic...just don't get it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I disn't even know about bloglines. As I said to Bunny, everything has a way of always working out and it probably won't be that big of a deal in the end. Seems like they just like to create work for everyone:)
      No prude at all. Just your personal taste.

      Delete
  4. Here's my attempt to review several other readers: http://mary-sews.blogspot.com/2013/03/searching-for-blogger-replacement.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mary. Do you mind if I do a quick post with a link to yours so more can make a little more informed choice?

      Delete
  5. Thanks for the heads up and an easy solution.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish I could get my head around what this means.

    ReplyDelete