f

Thursday, March 7, 2013

All Out Funky OOTD

I have been dreading this day as I had a doctor's appointment that was slated not to go well. I'll spare you the suspense...it did go well!!!! Well, at least a lot better than I expected. Do you ever have one of those days when you have somewhere that you must go, but you don't want to go and because you don't want to go, there is absolutely nothing in your closet that you want to wear? Well, if you have, then you know exactly how I felt today. Typically, I would not wear what I wore to this appointment today. I usually try and look my best, a skirt, maybe a pair of slacks, but not today. I threw caution to the wind and wore exactly what I felt like wearing and here it is...
my crazy Day of the Dead rain boots(I love these boots!),  
with my BRIGHT orange coat. I think this is an out of print Vogue pattern. I'll dig it up and see as if it isn't, it's a good one to have in your arsenal of patterns.
And underneath I wore my tattoo inspired t-shirt.
I also made the sunshine flower I'm wearing. I'll do a tutorial on this flower as it is really easy and lots of fun to make.
I knitted the scarf as well. This is another piece I should do a little tutorial on as the stitch is so easy and makes a project go lightening fast.
I even have a matching purse! So as upset as I was about having to go to this appointment, and as funky as I looked, all in all, the outfit came together fairly well. As I said, the appointment went far better than I expected, so to celebrate, I decided to "just take a look" in a shoe store, at least that's the story I'll tell my husband!!
Remember this jacket? Well...how could I not buy these shoes? They are perfect!!!
The picture does not do them justice as the gold is shiny. I do love shiny!! Besides, I needed to celebrate the good news. Again, that's my story and I'm sticking to it!
On Sunday evening I'll share my doctor's story with you.
Hope your day is going as well as mine has!
Rhonda



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

21 comments:

  1. Glad all went well with your appointment and must say I loooooooooove the OOTD... so casual chic cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sheila! I wa so surprised by how many people came up to me to say how much they liked my coat. Actually, I think it's the time of year. We are so tired of drab, drab skies, drab coats, and drab short days, we need some color!!

      Delete
  2. Rhonda, I will support you if need be. It would have been a travesty not to buy those shoes! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My thoughts exactly!! But just in case, do you have an extra room? ;)

      Delete
  3. Been there; done that! Facing a day like that with class like this is "so" Rhonda! LOVING that brilliant, sunny orange! You look gorgeous!

    And after such happy relief-news, the shoes???? I'm GONE on the new shoes! I saw your suit in Threads and whoa! The shoes are perfectly perfect in every "Rhonda Way." But surely you need my mailing address now, right? To send the shoes to me?!

    Happier weekend!
    Kelley~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not to tempt you too much Kelley, but they came from Nine West!!! I think your feet would love to have a pair:)

      Delete
  4. Ha ha, you are so funny! And cool funky too. You really had to buy those shoes, no doubt about it. Glad the news was good, you certainly dressed appropriately for it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the shoes! I MUST get a pair of boots like those!! I'm glad you had happy news from the doctor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found the boots online by googling Day Of the Dead rain boots. I've had them for a couple of years, but I bet you can find them.

      Delete
  6. Rhonda, first, I am glad and thankful that your appointment went well. Second, you look fabulous!!! I adore orange; you wear it so well. I am sure your look brightened the day for all who saw you today. Third? Perfect shoes, perfect celebratory gift!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohh Em Gee!!! Love the boots and orange coat. Glad the doctor visit went well, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome boots and shoes, lots of cheery orange, and a medical appointment with good result - what more could a girl ask for? Glad your day went well!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh. My. Goodness. You definitely HAD to buy those shoes. They are just perfect. They would have been perfect even if you had to make something to match.

    Also love your funky look. A great way to approach a dreaded event. Glad it went better than expected.

    Martha

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ok, there are things that just have to happen and those shoes were such! How perfect. They could be the only thing that could distract someone from your amazing suit!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful clothes and shoes! Here's to good Dr. visits and beautiful clothes!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh,those shoes are so similar to the ones I bought to wear with my "Jenny's Jacket". Awesome. Also love the other shoes in the post. BTW did you get the pictures of my finished "Jenny's Jacket"?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jenny, I did, I just haven't responded yet. I'm going to post my suit next week and I plan to post yours along with mine. You look lovely in your "Jenny" Jacket!

      Delete
  13. That is an outfit to get good news! Glad your appointment went well.
    And I agree, those shoes really needed to be bought. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I had these boots and put a hole in them but couldn't find them again for purchase! Did you buy them recently and if so, where?! I loved these boots so much! Also, I love your 'courage color' clothes! I find when I'm faced with stressful appointments or events I wear bright colors, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh how I wish I could make your day, but I've had the boots for a couple of years. I just googled the boots. They were made by a company called Nature Breeze. What I googled was roses and skulls cowboy rain boots. If you put this in EBay as a saved search, you might get lucky and have a pair come up in time. Good luck. You must have been heart broken to have a hole in yours. I love mine and hope they last a looong time.

      Delete
  15. What an awesome post. Braveness, brightness, and not just one pair of cool shoes ( the boots) but two!

    ReplyDelete