f

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

A Gazillon Free Patterns

My grandmother had a cabinet full of beautiful pink depression glass with some odd and end pieces of green thrown in. She told me that during the depression, the movie theater would feature a free dish or glass each week in order to entice not only you to come to the movie, but to bring along your entire family so that you could collect an entire set of that week's sponsored pattern. Other companies followed suit and began doing things like adding a dish or cup to a box of detergent. We are all too familiar with the cereal companies that throw in some cheap little trinket in order to get your children to throw a fit in the store because they MUST have what is surely a treasure that the cereal box holds. Believe it or not, I never threw a fit in the store, but I did beg for cereals that today I would not eat unless I was actually starving. We do change! So needless to say, we all love a freebie and if you follow this blog, you know that just like those cereal boxes, most Fridays, there is a little treat inside! Hopefully my treats are a little more on the Depression glass side than the cheap trinket side.
This morning I came across this blog post,  http://so-sew-easy.com/free-dress-patterns-listing/. She has compiled a closet full of free dress patterns and one of my little dresses is on the list,
my little dress that I entitled, Caught In A Wave. Just a simple little circle dress, great for summer. You can find the post here, http://rhondabuss.blogspot.com/2012/10/fabulous-free-pattern-friday_19.html
I have not tried any of the pieces that she has featured on this page, well, except my own dress!, so I cannot vouch for any of them.
A Pinterest board has been created where as Deby says, "A gazillion free patterns" have been posted. This is a board that anyone can post to. You can find the board here, http://pinterest.com/debycoles/free-sewing-patterns/
And if you like, Deby has created a button that you can include on your blog, which you can find here,  http://so-sew-easy.com/a-gazillion-free-sewing-patterns/
Enjoy the free pattern parade, but be careful that you don't end up with just a box of sugar and a cheap plastic trinket!!



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

3 comments:

  1. Hi Rhonda - you made me laugh. When I was in England as a girl, you got a free plastic animal in a box of tissues - so we never minded having a cold because mum bought us some tissues and we could collect the animals.!
    Thanks for featuring my Pinterest Free Patterns board on your blog, and my dress patterns listing! I'm gradually working my way through some free patterns - they are my favorite sort of patterns, and yes, not all of them work out for me. But thats because I am a new sewer and have not yet worked out how to alter a pattern to fit me correctly - sigh. Still working on it.

    If anyone would like to join the Pinterest board and post their favorite free patterns, just hop on over to my site and use the contact me link to send me your Pinterest user name and I'll be happy to add you.

    Rhonda - do add your own patterns too. There are a lot of users, hopefully it will bring some readers back to your site in the same way your post brought readers over to mine. I feel honoured to get a mention!

    Deby at So Sew Easy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice nice to virtually meet you Deby. I know that you've been repinning my things for quite some time, thank you!
      I will most definitely check out your Pinterest board.

      Delete
  2. No wonder you "appears" on this site for all your free patterns are absolutely wonderful Friday! I'm going to look around a bit ... Thanks for spreading this!

    ReplyDelete