f

Monday, October 19, 2020

There Are Patterns That Deserve To Be Made Over and Over

 Do you remember the old 'That Girl' sitcom that Marlo Thomas starred in? Well, there's a channel that has been playing the reruns on Sunday evenings. I was still quite small when it came out, but I loved it. Even as a little girl I always looked forward to see what she would be wearing. Some of the costumes are very dated, but some are just as adorable today as they were all those years ago. In my next Monday Morning Inspiration post, we'll take a look at some of my favorites. But,for today, please bear with me while I try to catch up on my 1 year challenge posts. 

Today's roundup takes me from September 15th through September 28th. As you'll see,there are a few patterns that I love so much that I have made a number of times. But I guess that if you love it, then why not? ;) 

                     ______________________________________


I so love a rectangle, so when I found out about the Envelope Dress pattern from Cris Wood, I had to give it a try. I loved it so much that I just had to make another. For this dress, I used a border print, and was so pleased with how it turned out. The Envelope Dress is not an actual pattern, but instructions on how to make your own. So easy, and well explained. It's one that you just can't mess up! :)  

 



I have so enjoyed this dress. It's one that proves that a pattern can be super simple, and yet fun to wear. Of course the red ponte knit adds to the fun! The pattern is from Sew News, and it's the Estes Dress. I paired the dress with a little pair of boots that I got from Muck Boots. I so love the red buffalo plaid on the sides of the boots. Super fun for winter :)



ellie
Another repeat make. I initially made Vogue 9237 this past summer in a fun orange floral linen. Once I got the first made, I knew I wanted another. I was going through a drawer and found this fabric that I have had forever. Loved the floaty quality of the fabric, and thought it would be cute in this pattern. I changed the sleeve to mimic the floaty quality of the dress. I was really happy with how it turned out!



The top I'm wearing below is the Easy V Express Top from Islander Sewing. It had languished on my sewing table for longer than I would like to admit. But I finally got it finished. Paired it with an out of print pattern from McCall's, McCall's 6081. I so love the skirt, and I really like the top, but I won't be putting the 2 together in the future. That's one of the many benefits from doing this little challenge, I get to really see what I like and don't like.  


This skirt and top have been a long time favorite of mine. I made the skirt for a Fabulous Free Pattern Friday post. You can see it HERE. The top was done for a Sleeves on Saturdays post. You can find the sleeve HERE

The skirt is one that will swish when you walk. It's all about being a very happy skirt ;)



This romper pattern from Ellie and Mac has become another new favorite. At this point. I've made 2, and I'm hoping to make another. I really love it. So comfortable, and I think the neckline is especially pretty. You can find the pattern HERE


If you've been following along with my 1 year challenge, you've seen these pants before. I really love them. Self-drafted, so no pattern. A friend gave me the jacket. Just made for such a fun outfit. 


The top I'm wearing under the jacket is the Presto Popover Top from Naughty Bobbins Patterns. This is the perfect under a jacket  top!


Some days, ya just gotta clean the house ;) Especially when it's warm out, I love to wear a dress made from those pre-gathered dress lengths from the fabric store. Just 1 seam and 2 shoulder straps and you have a garment! I look decent, and the dress is super easy to just throw in the washing machine once I've finished my cleaning! 
 

Jeans and a t-shirt is a true staple in our wardrobes these days. As you've heard before, I absolutely love the Ginger Jeans pattern from Closet Core Patterns. I have no plans to ever purchase another pair of jeans. Another pattern that has become a true staple in my wardrobe is the Molly Tee from Pattern Union. It fits SO well, and it's so easy to make. Once you've made 1, you'll make a ton!!!


We've finally made it up to September 24th! And, what I began this post with, I'm also ending it, another Envelope Dress from Chris Wood Sews. I had gotten this fabric from Tessuti. It was a remnant, and I thought it was so pretty. when I received it, the print kinda threw me for a loop as I had no idea what I would do with it. I was going through my "collection" of fabric, looking for another piece of fabric and came across this piece. As I looked at it, I realized that I just might be able to get an Envelope Dress out of the piece. It worked!!! There's a seam down the front and back, and I was able to match the pattern. So, what initially stumped me has become an absolute favorite!    



Before I go, I just want to thank all of you who cheer me on. It really is such a gift. I have now been blogging for 10 years. There are times that the road has been bumpy, and times when I've wanted to give up. But, as I said, so many of you continue to cheer me on, and it's you that gives me to desire to carry on. 
Thank you so very much!!!
 Rhonda




Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

3 comments:

  1. I so enjoy seeing what you create! I love your fashion walks. Beautiful work. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. so many makes, I feel dizzy. I am so glad you are back regularly blogging, I missed you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are all lovely, the red and purple envelope dress is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete