f

Friday, October 23, 2020

New For Fall

 It has been an interesting week. My friend who died back in May, and for whom I am the executor of her estate, was cremated so thankfully there was no rush on a funeral service. Due to COVID, everything is a little more challenging, as we all know all too well. But, I knew that I would be coming to Colorado the 1st of October, and I knew that it would be much easier to have a service for her here. It was done on Wednesday, and although it was quite private, it was lovely. We were even able to have a Rosary said, so I was so very pleased. After the service, we went out for breakfast.

As I said, I have been in Colorado. The forest fires have been horrible, and we are in a county where they have been especially devastating. On Wednesday night, the night sky was aglow. So eerie. We prepared to evacuate. While many did have to leave, the fires never came this far east, so we were spared. What a year it has been!

As easy as it would be to look at all that is wrong in the world, I have decided to do my best and focus on all the good, and to also be all the more appreciative of all that I have in my life that brings me joy. There's my husband, and of course my little Mr. Berkley :), but also ranking near the top is sewing and creating. Such a wonderful gift!

A few weeks back, I shared my plans to make this March Tilton pattern, Vogue 9108. Bunny of La Sewista was so gracious to leave a message with a link to a post that she did on this pattern. You can find her post HERE. Her dress is simply gorgeous. By all means check out her post. And, if you do decide to give the pattern a go, she has detailed the changes that she made, so it's a great guide.     

Here are the fabrics that I will be using for my dress/tunic. I'm super excited!!! I absolutely love the 60s/70s retro print. The colors didn't photograph well, but I have a sheer green, and another green that's a little lighter that I will use. Then the blue will be an accent piece. The mustard polka dot fabric will also be an accent. I used the polka dot fabric for the t-shirt and leggings which I have already made. I think this is going to be such a fun project. 
    

If you were to look in my closet, you would most likely think that the last thing I need is a new coat. But, I really could use a basic black coat for the cool fall temps. I really like this Vogue 8862. Not sure if it's still available??? I purchased the pattern for view A and B, but I am going to make view C.


I bought this great piece of quilted black fabric. The face is a sueded like velveteen. The backside is a basic lining fabric. Since the fabric is quilted, and lined, I'll need to bind the seams. I have this cotton that has a white dandelion print that I thought would be fun for making bias binding.         


I need to get busy as it's almost the end of October!!! How can that be??? 

Hope you are finding a little joy in your fall projects :)
I'll be back tomorrow with a new edition of my 1 year challenge.
Have a fabulous day!!!

Rhonda




Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

3 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see that coat! Love your fabric choices :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have pulled fabric to make that Marci Tilton jumper, too...oh, life is so busy right now! But I need to just suck it up and do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have that Marci Tilton jumper pattern, too. Maybe now you will inspire me to finally make it!

    ReplyDelete