f

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

The Final Summer Breeze

The Hot Patterns Summer Breeze sew along has come to an end. 
The dress is finished, but Betty looks a little crooked! Who knows, maybe I was crooked when I took the picture ;)
 The blouse with the added sleeves is finished.
 And finally, a picture of me in the dress. I'll post a picture of me in the top later.
And now I have a dilemma, which shoe should I wear???? Such a problem, right? ;) I would appreciate your suggestions.
I added a free form ruffle to the neckline and the armholes. Very easy to do. I explain how I did it in the blog post.
You can see the final post for the dress and the top here on the Sew News blog. There is a final video that will hopefully get added later today. For some reason(computers, love them or hate them!!)there was a technical issue with the video.
If you are working on your own Summer Breeze, check out the Flickr page and post your pictures. We would love to see them! You can find the Flickr page here.



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

17 comments:

  1. I love the print on the dress and I think you've done an amazing job sewing these two gorgeous garments and giving advice and showing your steps.

    And I would wear the yellow shoes during the day and on more casual events and the black ones during the evening and on more festive events that require being more dressed up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I have another pair of black patent leather shoes that are a little dressier, so I think I'll opt for that pair when I want to amp it up a bit.

      Delete
  2. Great job! love the prints. I would opt for the black shoe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dress is fun, frilly, and feminine! I'm not good at choosing shoes. To me, either works -- just depending the mood you're in. :) Blouse is really cute, and I think I mentioned in an earlier comment on another day, those sleeves are perfect for it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL. I was going to say "definitely, the black shoes" until I saw them on your feet. The yellow ones look so awesome with that dress! You make such creative, fun garments. I love learning from you!
    Hugs, Joy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought the black shoes quite a long time ago. My shoe repair guy keeps helping me tape them back together. He just recently replaced the elastic. They're Ralph Lauren. I told a friend that I wish I had bought 2 pairs. She suggested EBay and that's how I found the yellow pair. Then I found out that they also came in orange and turquoise. Oh man!!! None have come up in my size, but I continue to hope :)

      Delete
  5. I would vote for the yellow shoes, so the focus is more on the dress. For me, the ruffles are too much, but else, beautiful dress!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, but I really like the ruffles... a lot :) Oh well, personal taste I guess.

      Delete
  6. Your dress turned out great. I like the yellow shoes for day and black for a more formal look Thanks for doing the sew-along. I'll get back to my version soon. I think I'm going with the dress, even though I tested the top. I just got a wedding invite in the mail for Sept.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh what fun! I think this will make a lovely dress to wear to a wedding! Looking forward to seeing your creation :)

      Delete
  7. Just beautiful! I like the black shoes! Maybe a yellow handbag?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just beautiful! I like the black shoes! Maybe a yellow handbag?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had not thought about a yellow handbag. Fabulous idea!!!

      Delete
  9. We rarely get to wear yellow shoes so I vote for the yellow. What an outfit - looks smashing !! You make life fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Definitely yellow shoes - black is just too heavy! Love the ruffle finish.

    ReplyDelete