f

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Me Made Mondays at Frabjous Couture

Have you seen the new series that Marina of Frabjous Couture is doing? Rather than committing to an entire month of Me Mades, she has designated Monday, every day of the year as her Me Made day. And, what's even nicer is that she is inviting all of us to join her.  This week she posted this lovely sheath dress. Absolutely beautiful.
I participated in Me Made May two years ago and learned so much about myself and my wardrobe. I thought about participating again this year, but felt it was just adding one too many things to my plate. So when Marina posted that she would be hosting Me Made Mondays, without hesitation, I told her that I'm in!
This past Monday, I had a funeral to attend which explains the basically all black outfit. The dress is my design. I also made my accessories, not the necklace or the shoes. The hat is quite easy to do, just purchase a straw hat, cut off the brim and make a new brim. I can do a tutorial is anyone is interested.                      
    
The bag is one of my favorites. It's leather that has been upholstered.

If you've felt that an entire month of Me Mades is a little too much to do, give Marina's challenge a try and see how you do. I think you'll find it fun and rewarding and you may even learn a little something about your wardrobe.



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful dress and accessories. I love reading your blog. You inspire me. Yes, I would like to know how to do your hat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both dresses are really pretty. Love the hat and the accessories!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely dresses and would love to see a hat tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shelia, I was just going to say that I need to order a hat, but now that I think about it, I have one that could use a revamping. Stay tuned, the tutorial will be coming!

      Delete
  4. I am so loving that dress, would like to know more about the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rhonda, you look lovely in your black dress of your own design (!). Love the bag, too. Thanks so much for sharing your sewing adventures with us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry for the loss. But I must say that I love your outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry for your loss as well. But I would love a tutorial/pattern for that black dress.

    ReplyDelete