f

Sunday, November 29, 2020

Sunday Brunch/Easy Sunday Crepes

A year or so ago, I made pumpkin pancakes for our Sunday breakfast. I had made enough so that there were 3 leftover for my husband's Monday morning breakfast. 

When we had finished our breakfast, I grabbed my cup of tea, and went over to watch a Sunday morning news program. My husband had taken our plates to the sink. All of a sudden I heard him scream, "NOOOO!!!" I looked over to see Berkley standing on the bench with his front legs on the table, eating the pancakes. When my husband screamed, rather than jump down, he began to eat faster! I guess he thought, "I'm in it now, I may as well get it all!" ;) This little dog absolutely LOVES pancakes...of every type.

I have been going through recipes that I've posted in the past, and there are a number that I feel I need to revisit, and have them so that you can easily print them. I originally posted this recipe in 2012...8 years ago :/ Wow! I really wanted to post it now as the holidays are coming, such a wonderful time to do something lovely for your family, and such a wonderful excuse to sit down and really connect.  

Crepes are so easy to make. They are nice and light, so you don't get up from the table feeling as though you need a nap. And, the fillings can be tailored to the likes of everyone who comes to the table. 

The recipe is below.

Once the mix has been made, heat a skillet or crepe pan. If you don't have a crepe pan, you don't need one! A skillet will work just fine. Add a small pat of butter to the pan to season it. Pour 1/4 cup of the batter into the pan. Swirl the pan to distribute the batter as evenly as possible. Cook until the batter is no longer runny, about a minute.


Flip the pancake and cook on the opposite side for no more than another minute.


Place the crepes on a warm plate, and then continue with the rest of the batter. This recipe makes approximately 10-11 crepes.
 

I made a lovely cranberry sauce for Thanksgiving. I use ginger, a stick of cinnamon, 1 orange, and the entire orange peel. If you would like the recipe, just let me know, and I'll be happy to post it. Since I had leftovers, I decided to serve the sauce as the filler for the crepes. Soooo delicious!


Just place a little in the center of the crepe, fold over, and then put a little on top, and finish with a dust of powdered sugar. Then, dig in and enjoy!!!


Berkely got a few scraps :)


Easy Sunday Crepes

ingredients;
3 eggs
1 1/4 cups Almond Milk(or milk of choice)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon melted butter
1 cup flour

directions; 
Place eggs in blender, and blend until smooth. Add milk and vanilla extract. with blender running, add melted butter. Add flour, and blend until smooth.
Heat skillet or crepe pan. Season with a small pat of butter. Pour 1/4 cup of crepe mixture onto hot skillet or crepe pan. Swirl batter to evening distribute around bottom of pan. Cook until batter no longer runs, about a minute. Flip crepe and cook for a minute longer on opposite side. Place on warm plate and repeat with remaining batter. Makes about 10-11 crepes.
Serve with favorite filling and powdered sugar.   

You can see my original post HERE. In that post I made a strawberry/rhubarb sauce. 

As always, if you give the recipe a try, I hope you enjoy it!
Just a quick story to close. A friend of mine visited with me last year along with her 7 year old daughter. While they were with me, her daughter was always by my side, and whatever I was doing, she wanted to participate, including setting the table for our meals. My friend told me that she recently had a day off, and decided to make a lovely meal, set the table, and serve the food in serving bowls. Her daughter came to the table and exclaimed, "it's just like at Rhonda's house! It all looks so pretty." 

Happy Eating :)
Rhonda



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

1 comment: