f

Thursday, June 25, 2020

An Embroidered Journey

I think I need to ask all of you to be my design consultants on a permanent basis!!! Wow!!!, did you ever come up with some fabulous ideas for my embroidered tree. Becky of Trial Balloons sent me some wonderful inspiration photos that she found on Pinterest. Not that any of the ideas should be used exactly as they are, but as a jumping off point.  

I love the patch of pieces and the embroidery in this skirt.


This is a little too much patchwork for me, but here again, I love the stitching and the mix of pieces.


Another mix of fabrics that really create an interesting garment.


Same idea, but a little bit of a different silhouette. It's anchored with the solid sleeves, and a solid back. This would be a great way to use some scraps. Take note that just 3 prints were used.


I absolutely fell in love with these embroidered pieces. 


Both are from a wonderful artist, Tessa Perlow. You can see more of her work HERE in her Etsy Shop.


Stephanie sent me these fabulous photos. I LOVE this jacket!!! 


So many of you talked about a kimono style jacket. With all of this running through my head, I thought of a summer kimono that I have. I think this is it!

You can see that the tree is rather large, and the linen has yellowed with time. But, I can get that out without a problem. 

So, I think I will use some of this fabric, but blend it with a solid, lightweight linen. With the solid linen, I can embroider flowers to look as though they have fallen from the tree. And then pick up something on the cuffs and collar. This is a piece that will evolve as I go. And...it will not be something I do quickly, which is fine.


My first step will be to finish doing the embroidery on the tree. Once the embroidery has been completed, I'll start the soaking process to remove the yellow. Then I'll start working on putting the jacket together. Anyway, however it goes, I think it's going to be a fun little journey!

Thanks so very much for all of your messages. It was great to hear from you. How lucky am I to have so many incredibly creative people popping in to see what I do?!!  
Rhonda



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

3 comments:

  1. Rhonda, some great ideas here...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Corrrr bl8mey, love 5hese Rhonda. That yellowing responds really well to boiling in Napisan, perhaps you have a similar product? I used this method on some precious lace and it turned out beautifully. Best of luck, just got to love a make do, scrappy project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that first patchwork skirt and the second dress. As for the Tessa Perlow tops oh wow. Nearly enough inspiration for me to get my hand embroidery out again.
    Your idea for the tree will be amazing. Can't wait to see it. Hope it goes better than my plan for the embroidered long line bomber jacket - have fabric, embroidery machine (+ design & threads) and sewing pattern but still no jacket.

    ReplyDelete