f

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Sunday Brunch

This is not my usual Sunday Brunch recipe share, but for all of you with dogs, I think you will enjoy it.
First of all, this is not my dog. I saw this picture on Pinterest and I have been laughing ever since. The caption read, "Draw eyebrows on your dog and laugh until you give them a bath." Poor dog. I know I can have a rather twisted sense of humor, so yes, I find it awfully funny. Oh, the things we do to our animals! Today I'm sharing a recipe for all of the dog people in the world. With all the worry about tainted treats coming from China, I have started making treats for my dogs. They are very simple to make and my dogs love them. Take a look at the ingredients. Who wouldn't love these?!!
Peanut Butter Dog Biscuits 
1 cup flour
1/4 cup oats
1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
1/2 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 cup creamy organic peanut butter
1/2 cup milk
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon applesauce

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Combine all dry ingredients in a medium bow. Add wet ingredients and mix until well combined.
 Knead into a well incorporated ball. Roll out on a piece of wax paper to 1/2" thick.
Use desired cookie cutter or just cut into small pieces, whatever is appropriate for your dog. Place on unlined baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Store in an airtight container. Get prepared for lots of kisses!!
My pieces are rather large. They will be broken apart for my dogs. But you can see that even rather large, the recipe makes quite a few cookies. I've tried them, they aren't bad at all!!
Hope you are enjoying your Sunday.



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

9 comments:

  1. Rhonda you are TWISTED and I'm going to call the SPCA on you! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, come on, you know it's funny!!! I'm worried that PETA may have my blog banned!! I laugh every time I look at that picture.

      Delete
  2. That dog has morphed into a gold chain wearin' lounge guy saying, 'hey, hey ladies!' over and over again in my head. He's earned a biscuit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those look yummy! I bet they taste good... Oops...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's as funny as you do! My Dobe's come with eyebrows (ala Groucho Marx),,,but I'm calling my daughter & making her do this to her SharPei,,,and send me pictures! Thanks for the giggle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still laughing and it's not even my dog! Glad I was able to add a smile to your day.

      Delete
  5. That is funny!
    Someone here will be thrilled if I try out that recipe.

    ReplyDelete