f

Friday, September 7, 2012

Fabulous Free Pattern Friday

Last November I posted this jacket. I must confess, this is probably my favorite garment in my entire wardrobe. I wear it ALL the time. It's great on a cool morning when I want a little something over my arms. I throw it over so many outfits. It's the perfect piece to take along when I think I might be in a cool environment. I just love it.
I'm posting it again because I found a few more ways to wear it, and yes, I made another. Hey, if one is good, a second will be all the better.
The Paper Bag Jacket 2
To see the original instructions, click here. The jacket is one big rectangle for the body. A long rectangle is cut for the casing, and two more long rectangles are cut for the ties. I suggest using a sleeve from a favorite knit top pattern for the sleeves.
 A close up of the shirred casing.
 The sleeves.
So here's what happened. One night in the dark, I picked up my jacket to pull it on and I put it on upside down. Below is a view of what the jacket looks like when it is upside down and not tied in the front.
At first I couldn't figure out why the jacket was different and then I realized that it was upside down. Rather than take it off, I thought,"let me take a look at this."
So I pulled the ties around and tied them at the waist. A totally different look.
 As you see, the neckline is very draped, but the jacket has a closer fit.
The back view once the ties have been tied in front.
The fabric is one of my favorites, it's a bamboo knit. It has such a lovely drape and after wearing the black jacket almost everyday since last November, I can say that it wears really well. Once again, you can see the instructions here.
I have two other ways to wear the jacket. Stay tuned!!! 
I hope you all have had or are having a wonderful Friday!
Rhonda 



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

9 comments:

  1. I really like it with the gathers at the back waist. (I owe you an email!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another winner - it looks super both ways so I can't wait to see what else you can do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it Rhonda. Thanks for sharing your pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am with open mouth looking your absolute creativity! It's soooo amazing! Love this pattern "crazy" and the endless possibilities that you found in it. You are an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely love your second version. You inspire us all so much!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Going through my stash tonight to see if I have something appropriate. I've been looking for something to throw in when I'm cold. Judging by the weather in Michigan today, I'm going to need this real soon. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this. Did you ever post the other two ways to wear it???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for asking. I have not. It's coming up soon!

      Delete