f

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Fashion Show Garment 2,

A Little Girl Power/A Little Flower Power. I love mixing patterns. On one side of the dress the fabric has women walking in funky little 60's outfits. The other side is a field of daises. The fabric for this dress was found at Vogue Fabrics. When I saw the fabric, I immediately thought about doing this dress and mixing the two. The dress is one of my patterns. It's a great wrap and because of the extra draping over the bust, no pin is needed to hold the front together like the traditional Diane Von Furstenburg wrap dress. I found the hat at a garden store here in Chicago, Gethsemane. They have the most wonderful plants and they also have a great gift shop. They had the hat with the brim turned up for working in the garden. I gave it a try and with the brim turned down it has a bit of an Audrey Hepburn look. I just love the hat. I do not wear it to garden. When I went through my shoes, I had these red patent leather shoes and I knew this was just perfect. The red pulls out the red in the dress and really makes everything pop. I think I will wear this for Easter. Great color after the long Chicago winter we have had. Sadly, I don't have a picture of me in the dress. I'll get one on Easter.



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

1 comment:

  1. I loved this dress when I saw it in the show, due to the coordination of the two bold prints. Very springlike!

    ReplyDelete