f

Tuesday, April 16, 2019

One Nice Thing A Day/Week 2 Recap

I found this little bit of advice and thought it was quite powerful;


Although it's something that we want to do, long to do, taking care of ourselves, finding time for ourselves is a very difficult task. The day begins with so many things on our to-do list, and before we know it, the end of the day has arrived, and all we want to do is fall into the bed. 

I especially found this to be true this past week. There was my step-father's funeral, added to the mix was jury duty. But, I had made a commitment to myself, and I was determined to stick with it. 

I began last Monday with downloading the pattern for the vintage Adrienne Vittidini sweater that you see on the top right below. The previous week, I had downloaded a pattern from Purl Soho. I love it, but the small needles were a little difficult for me, so I thought something with a larger needle would be good to help work out the nerve damage I am experiencing. It was! I began the project on Monday evening, and then sat down again on Wednesday evening and finished the front. What fun!


*On Tuesday, I had to be downtown, so I decided to take a little time and do a little window. Such a wonderful way to accumulate a little inspiration. The dress in the top left hand corner below I found at Anthropologie.
*When Thursday evening rolled around, I was exhausted, but still wanted to do something I would enjoy, so I sat down and watched the entire episode of Project Runway. I usually wait until I can watch it on demand and then fast forward through the show. On Thursday, I just sat and vegged out on the entire thing!  
*On Friday, I decided to try and do a little sewing. I started the red dress you see below. I just need to add the binding to the neckline and hem the dress and sleeves. More on the dress in an upcoming post. 
*A friend had recommended the movie, The Mustang. She always seems to be spot on with movies that I will like. So, on Saturday afternoon, I took the time to go and I am so happy that I did!
*The Haute Couture Club of Chicago had a Tambour Beading and Embroidery workshop on Sunday. The doctor had told me that as long as I was sitting down, I could take the brace off at 8 weeks, and work without it. I was a day early, but I really wanted to take the class, and so I did :) 
*My skin really took a beating the last 2 months as it was so difficult to try and wash my face with 1 hand. Last night I gave myself a mini facial. The green tea detox mask was heavenly.
*For today, this really doesn't count as I do it everyday, but it is a good thing, at least I think so. Each and every morning, whether I feel like it or not, I put a scoop of green foods powder in a glass, mix it with water, and drink it down. I became serious about doing this when I was told that I have a high risk of colon cancer. I had a colonoscopy last November and it was the best I've ever had! It may be just luck, and it may be the green food powder. I think I'll keep drinking the green food powder :)  


  
Doing something nice for yourself each and everyday takes effort. But, the payoff is worth it! 

I hope that my little journey will inspire you to do something nice for yourself each and everyday :)
 Rhonda
  



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

4 comments:

  1. Thank you Rhonda, for continuing to share yourself and your life with us via your blog. I look forward to seeing what you have to say, whether it's a soup recipe, or inspiration photos, sewing projects, great quotes, or what you've been learning from life. You're such a talented, interesting person and you introduce me to new ideas every time you write.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sherry, it is so very kind of you to honor me with such a lovely compliment. Thank you.

      Delete
  2. along that line I am reading a book recommended by a book service called "I Miss You When I Blink". I am only partway through but it is really a interesting collection of for us Type A's.
    And I am taking the phase to heart they way the author; Mary Laura Philpott, decides to define the phrase as defining the universal adult experience of the identity crisis.
    AND I am so very glad to hear that you are healing and getting back to fondling fiber.
    Best -

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have done a lot of fondling fiber this past week. Thanks for the tip on the book. It sounds quite interesting.

      Delete