f

Monday, March 2, 2015

Monday Morning Inspiration

It's March!!!! Spring can't be too far away, I hope, although the ground hog did see his shadow. But regardless, it's March which means that Easter is approaching, and spring can't be too far behind. Fingers crossed anyway :) 
I think what initially caught my eye about this collection, was the bright colors. Then once I took a closer look, I really enjoyed the shapes and the color combinations. The collection is by Serbian born Roksanda Ilincic. She was initially recognized for her ultra-modern, vibrantly-hued evening wear. Since then she has expanded her collection to include separates, dresses and outerwear. Clean lines, bold color blocking, and architectural draping are the hallmarks of her design. In 2012, she won the Red Carpet Award at the British Fashion Awards and has dressed everyone from Cate Blanchett, Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge, to Michelle Obama.  
So, if you are like me and have had enough of the cold and dreary weather, grab a cup of tea or coffee and enjoy the beautiful colors of this collection. I think you'll be inspired by the shapes as well as the color combinations. I have also included a video of the fashion show so you can see the clothes actually moving. 
Enjoy!













Have a wonderful week!
Rhonda



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

4 comments:

  1. I absolutely love this collection. And, I, too, am more than ready for spring, after shoveling out my driveway and parking lot three times in three days! Is there anything or anywhere, where they tell what the fabrics are? I'm headed to the Bitter End Yacht Club in early May and would love to copy a couple of these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really appealed to me as well. I love the color mixing. Sadly, I have no idea of where we could find out about the fabrics, but stable knits would work beautifully to recreate the look.

      Delete
  2. I wonder how long it takes models to wear 'outrageous' clothing as if it was 'normal'

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure about this collection, the colour combinations are inspiring, the shapes interesting, but somehow they don't seem to fit properly. I do like the v-neck dress with the full skirt. Awesome design.

    ReplyDelete