f

Monday, December 12, 2011

Happy Monday, It's My Birthday!

And what better way to celebrate a birthday than to give a little gift!!!

A friend of mine gave me a lovely doily because she knew that I would appreciate the knitted lace that encircles the linen. I held on to it for a while, not knowing exactly what to do with it. A friend of mine makes the loveliest needle cases, the light bulb went on....what a wonderful way to make use of my lovely doily.
As you can see, my needle case is really used and loved. When I'm home it lives on my sewing table and when I travel, it comes along. As messy as it is, you can still see the lovely embroidery that my friend did to embellish the case, beautiful little roses, so special.
And so my gift to one lucky follower today, this little needle case. It is so special. It's an ecru cocktail napkin that has been embellished with mother of pearl buttons,

satin ribbon and those beautiful little embroidered roses.
There's even a little rose tucked away on another sheet of the wool.  
I wish I had one for everybody, but sadly, there's only one to give. If you are a follower on this blog, you can even sign up today (I know there are those of you who read who have not signed up, so here's a little incentive to sign up), leave a message on this post by noon (central standard time) tomorrow December 13th. I will do a drawing tomorrow and announce the winner. Don't worry, I will send it anywhere, so this is open to all followers.
I just love giving gifts, especially lovely little things such as the needle case. Good luck everyone!
My husband has a special outing planned for the day, so I'm off.
Wishing you all a lovely week.
Rhonda 



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

10 comments:

  1. Rhonda, first--Happy Birthday! Second--what a lovely giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday, Rhonda! Such a lovely second life for treasured heirloom linens.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So lovely. I was just thinking last night that I need a needle case. Have a great birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday!!! Now I know what to do with my grandmother's old doilies. (Sign) another project!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Birthday Happies Rhonda! I popped over for a closer look at your needle case, which I thought was a gift you made for yourself - what a fabulous giveaway! And inspirational.. how to store my needles has been an albatross for me, now I know what to do, thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday! Hope you have a terrific day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the idea of giving a gift to someone else on your birthday. Happy Birthday to you Rhonda.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday Rhonda. What gorgeous needle cases, yours and the one for the draw.

    ReplyDelete