f

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Christmas Wishes

When I made this dress, I killed a few birds with one stone, our Red Challenge for Haute Couture, my Fabulous Free Pattern Friday entry and a new Christmas dress for me.  
 I wore the dress Saturday. The pictures aren't the best, but at least you get an idea of how the dress looks on a body.

 It was a lovely evening.
 I made a new fascinator to wear with my dress.
 I used a gold and ecru poinsettia, added some feathers along with the red glitter floral pieces.
For the center, I made gold stamens with rhinestones on the ends and added pearls to the center of the flower.
A piece of glitter tulle was added to the back. The headpiece was a huge hit and it was so simple to make.
I'm going to take a very small break from the blog for the remainder of this week. I'll be back on Monday, December 26th.
Wishing you a lovely Holiday Season and a Very Merry Christmas!
Rhonda



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

4 comments:

  1. Rhonda, the dress is stunning! And I love the fascinator--so festive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! You, the dress, the fascinator and the man!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Margy. I'll pass the compliment on to my husband. He'll get a kick out of it. I felt a little sorry for him that evening. He had surgery on his head and has quite a few stitches. He was clever though, he wore a Santa hat!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally agree with Patti! That dress is simply gorgeous. It suits you well. Merry Christmas and enjoy the holiday!

    ReplyDelete