This week I decided to do the shirt as a jacket. If you look closely, you can see that there is a little shape on the side seams, but over all the jacket is rather boxy. I also added pockets. As for the collar, that post should be up on the Sew News blog soon. We've had a few technical problems this week so it's a little late. As soon as the post is up though, I will let you know.
The final patterns. You will need to add the hem allowance to the pocket, but do not add the hem allowance to the side front panel. This will cut down on bulk at the hem. You will need to cut 4 pockets, 2 for each side. Remember that the pocket needs to have a backing. I also placed notches on the side front pattern piece so that I would know where to match my pocket.
In my quest to use what I have, I went through all of my buttons and believe me that is a lot! I had nothing that was just the right button until I had the idea to layer my buttons. If you look closely you'll see that there is a large black button. On top of that button is a red button and then finally, the small white button that fit perfectly into the well of the red button. I was so happy!
I did line my jacket. There's nothing better than an unexpected lining!!
One pattern can go a long way in creating an entire wardrobe.