f

Friday, March 9, 2018

I'm an Ambassador for Olfa!

Now this is not something you've seen from me in a while...2 blog posts in a row, WOOHOO!!!!

I had the most amazing day yesterday. It began with a note to a former exchange student who wanted my advice on some life issues. Then, I received a text message from a favorite little gal who shared with me that she had been accepted in the master's degree program that she had applied for. I decided that a return message would not do, so I gave her a call. She told me that I was one of the very first to know the news. Finally, another young woman did a lovely post on Instagram in honor of International Women's Day, talking about the amazing women who have made a difference in her life, and low and behold, my picture was in the mix. Such an honor.

It goes without saying, but I have had some very low moments over the past few months. A few weeks ago, I happened upon this scripture verse,

He gives a home to the woman who could not give birth, and makes her the mother of children. 
Psalms 113:9

The verse felt like a promise, a gift, at least to me. I wrote it down in my book of quotes, and I was reminded of it yesterday. Isn't it interesting how something rather insignificant to one can mean so much to another? :)

So....my big news!!!!

I was chosen to be an ambassador for Olfa products. Amazing!!! 

I was sent a gift of their brand new products, turquoise and pink cutting mats, along with a fun pink rotary cutter. The new line is called Splash. Hey, we can all use a little color and fun in our days. I'm a little partial to the turquoise mat as it is my favorite color!!!

The new rotary cutters come in 3 fun colors, pink as you see below, purple and turquoise. You can see them all HERE


One of my favorite Olfa products is my great big 24"x36" cutting mat. I'm hoping to add the 35"x70" mat to my collection. Both mats are fabulous for cutting out larger projects.


I am not becoming a quilter, but from time to time I will do a quilting project. Although, for all of you amazing quilters out there, I can hardly call this project a quilting project. 

A number of years ago, I came across this great panel piece, but it was in a light mint green. I made it up and gave it to a couple of friends who were having babies. They LOVED them and used them as a way to teach the alphabet. Three friends are having babies, and I wanted to do something special. As luck would have it, I came across the same panel print, but in red. If by chance you are interested, I found it HERE on Fabric.com.


I was in Colorado and had the chance to pop into one of my favorite little stores, The Fabric Nook. You may remember the interview I did with Tina, the owner. Such a delightful lady :) Anyway, she helped me with the backing and the binding for my project. This will be my first project using my new Olfa mat and cutter. 


Olfa has a wonderful new blog. You can find it HERE. Each month they will be featuring a different designer as well as a special project. If you would like to check out the list of designers and ambassadors, you can find that post HERE. I have some fun things planned, one will incorporate the airplane. Should be fun!

Happy Friday!
 Rhonda 



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

8 comments:

  1. YAY!! Congratulations, Mrs. Ambassador!! I love Olfa products. I've used their rotary cutters and mats for years. So happy to hear your personal news, too. How wonderful that you heard from those close to you and those on the Web. It really is true that the more we give away, the more we receive (in treasure in earthen vessels). You DO make a difference in your readers' lives. And we love ya, gal!!! God bless you with many more lovely ways to serve. And thank you for all that you share with us...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations all around! You'll love the Olfa products, I'm sure. Have fun with them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Be careful now . . . the quilting bug tends to latch on and not let go!! :o)
    Such pretty cutting mats, but I love your large green one. I wish i had a place to put one permanently because how could you store one so large. And congrats on being an Olfa ambassador. Looking forward to your other projects.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how fun! I know you "will do Olfa proud." Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations!, it sounds like it will be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good things happen to good people - and we all know you are very good! Lovely news.

    ReplyDelete