f

Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Something Sweet to Knit and Eat!

Do you ever take a long, hard look at your wardrobe and realize that something needs to be done? Well, I recently looked at my spring/summer wardrobe and it looked tired and in need of some fun new pieces. 

I subscribe to the Webs Yarn Store website. About a month ago, they showcased a yarn from Berroco called Medina, along with the knitted pullover you see below. I liked the pullover, so I decided to take a look and see what other colors the yarn came in. I love peaches, greens, blues, so the Rabat colorway was right up my alley. 


The video below shows the full top. The piece is really nothing more than rectangles. It's worked entirely in garter stitch, so although the pattern states that it's for an intermediate knitter, it's really quite easy. The pattern is free if you purchase 4 skeins of the Berroco Medina. To knit this tunic, you will need 4 or more skeins. You can find the information on getting the free pattern booklet HERE.  


My front and back are finished. I need to purchase a circular needle to do the sides. That's on my agenda for today :) I just can't wait to get this piece finished. I absolutely love the yarn. It has such a gorgeous drape, and it feels so soft against the skin. 


I added the picture below so you can see the fiber makeup of the yarn. 


Now for a little something sweet:)

I enjoy a cookie from time to time in the afternoon along with a cup of tea. In my book, there's nothing better than a homemade cookie. The cookie below is dark, rich and satisfying, so one will do the trick...usually!


I'm having a little fun with the name of the cookie as you can see below. It's really just a basic cookie dough recipe with the addition of cocoa powder, with chocolate and butterscotch morsels.  

Moose Drop Cookies
printable recipe

1 1/4 cups sugar
1 cup butter softened
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups flour
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup dark chocolate morsels
1 cup butterscotch morsels

Directions;
*Preheat oven to 375 degrees

Combine butter and sugar until creamy. Add egg and vanilla and beat until smooth. Combine flour, cocoa powder, and baking soda. Add flour mixture to creamed mixture 1/2 cup at a time. Stir in chocolate and butterscotch morsels.

Drop by rounded tablespoon full onto ungreased cookie sheet, 2" apart. Bake in preheated oven for 8-11 minutes. Allow to cool. 
Makes approximately 3 dozen cookies. 

**If you would like, 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts may be added to the dough before baking. 

Hope you enjoy the cookies!!!
Rhonda



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

13 comments:

  1. Can’t wait to see your finished top. Thanks for the cookie recipe. It looks great. I’ll make it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cookie recipe looks great - thx
    I’m not a knitter but it looks so cozy - love the yarn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Who cares about knitting when you can make cookies instead?!!! 😉
      I served them with chocolate gelato in a pretty footed cup at a dinner party. A scoop of gelato and a cookie on the side. Looked rather elegant, and everyone loved it!

      Delete
  3. It's so nice to have you back, Rhonda.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yours was the first message I read this morning, and it made me smile 😊
      Thank you!

      Delete
  4. I think this tunic is in my near future! Thanks for the post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can’t wait to get mine finished. The yarn has a lovely feel in the hand, and I love the self-striping. The yarn comes in such pretty colors too! Enjoy if you do decide to give it a go 😊

      Delete
  5. Love the tunic! I can knit, but not sure I would be talented enough to do this. However, I am very tempted to purchase the kit and give it a go. So very glad you are back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You would have no problem with this pattern. It’s all done in a garter stitch, so just knit, and knit, and knit. The pieces are all rectangles with a small amount of shaping at the neckline. Super easy!

      Delete
    2. Ordered mine today in Tunis. This should give me something to work on when I am on the road for business - easier than carrying a sewing machine plus sewing essentials around.

      Delete
    3. Had to look up the yarn to see the colors. Looks like coral, navy, fushia, and green. The style is going to look fabulous on you!!!

      Delete
  6. Very interesting that you posted this today, as I am at a knitting retreat in Newport, RI. It's called Knit and Pearls. And even more interesting is that I am knitting that exact same yarn in that exact same colors. You have good taste, Rhonda.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It’s more like, great minds think alike 😉 Send pics of what you’re knitting!

      Delete