f

Tuesday, April 4, 2017

A Sewing Adventure!

I have some very exciting news!

Have you ever dreamed of getting away to a place where you can sew, learn, and rejuvenate? 
Well, today I have a little sneak peek at what I have been working on.

Helen Haughey and I have paired up to offer a unique escape to Winter Park/Fraser, Colorado. 

All who attend will need to arrive in Denver, Colorado on Saturday, June 10, 2017. From there, we will drive up to the mountains, about a 2 hour drive. 

We'll be staying at the Indian Peaks Resort. The condos are 2 bedroom/2 bath condos, with fully equipped kitchens. Each condo includes a private hot tub that is beautifully maintained.


For those who would like to join me, we will do invigorating morning hikes along the Fraser River. This is a flat trail, so quite easy to do, but a great way to start the day.


Beginning on Sunday, Helen will be teaching her class on making the Perfect Shift Dress. Class will be held at the historic Fraser Church. Transportation to and from the church will be provided.



On Monday, we'll take a break and head into Denver where we will visit the Tandy Leather outlet and have a private class on leather tooling. Tuesday and Wednesday, we'll be back in WinterPark/Fraser where we will continue the class with Helen Haughey.

If you are up for it, we'll take a break from sewing on Wednesday afternoon and head to the Bonfils-Staton Outdoor Center where I will lead a hike along the Jim Creek Trail.

   
If a less rigorous hike is desired, we can do the circuit that just touches on the Jim Creek Trail. Both are beautiful, especially in June.


On Thursday, I will be teaching a full day class on leather.

Included in the experience will be a relaxing massage for each participant.

We will also be offering an extra activity for those who would like to participate and do a piecing project. Tina from The Fabric Nook in Granby, Colorado will be teaching a class on doing her Row By Row Design. This is an optional class, and will most likely take place on Tuesday evening. 

The adventure will end on Friday when we will return to Denver and say goodbye.

Later this week, I will have the pricing together along with info on how to sign up. We will be keeping the adventure to no more than 10 participants. 

Doesn't this sound fun?!! I know I'm excited :)



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

18 comments:

  1. Sounds great, I live in Denver, please keep me up to date on the price

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope to have everything nailed down by Thursday.

      Delete
  2. Sounds interesting. My Dad did some leather tooling so my interest is peaked.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a nice skill to learn. The classes at Tandy are fabulous!

      Delete
  3. Oh! This sounds divine!!! 😍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always fun to do something nice for yourself 😊

      Delete
  4. This sounds fabulous! Its a reason to get into my best hiking shape ever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The daily hike is quite easy, just enough to get the blood pumping for the day. The Wednesday hike is a bit more if we choose to do the actual Jim Creek Trail.

      Delete
  5. keep my on the list! Sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It does sound fun, lucky people who can go.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Rhonda.
    Only if I lived in the States!!!!! This sounds so great.
    Have fun and enjoy learning about leather.
    Cathy White(New Zealand)

    ReplyDelete
  8. How I wish I could join you. For me the only thing that would make it better was if it was in the winter and we could get in a day or so of skiing!!! And I just can't get away in June, July and August. Our lake house, better known as Ebner Chalet, is filled with house guests all summer, all good friends that I rarely get to see, so trips away are out of the question. Darn. This adventure of yours sounds wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds wonderful. I think you should consider a sewing adventure in Ireland next!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love that! We went to Ireland a few years ago for a wedding. I can't remember the town where we stayed, it was so lovely. But then, you live in Ireland and know the beauty 😊

      Delete
  10. How fabulous! Congrats on this new venture, Rhonda!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a super thing to have come up with, If I wasn't in UK and wheelchair bound I'd be signing up :-) I'll be with you in spirit though.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds so divine! I wish I could do this, maybe Texas next time. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I will be out of the country but you are so tempting me....sewing, and hiking in Colorado, two of my favorite things in one place, what a dream retreat.

    ReplyDelete