f

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

More Japanese Inspiration

My wonderful friend Brenda received Japanese pattern books for Christmas and being the friend that she is, couldn't wait to share them with me. (The books were a gift from her husband! Lucky her.) In fact, she is so generous that she allowed me to borrow them for about three months. Lucky me. Her books were all in Japanese. I decided to look them up on Amazon and there I found two of the four, and again, lucky me, the two that I found are in English. 


The first book, Pattern Magic, written by Tomoko Nakamichi is incredible and a great buy at $16.47.  

Simply incredible and so inspiring.

Isn't this a lovely design?

I can't wait to try out this design.

The second book, Pattern Magic 2, is as inspiring as her first book Pattern Magic. It's also available at Amazon for $16.30. Just in case you didn't know, Amazon offers free shipping on orders of $25.00 or more. So if you purchase both books, the shipping is free and then of course there is no tax. Great deal.
From the forward of Pattern Magic, "Pattern Magic is the cult pattern-making book from Japan. Step-by-step projects show you how to create stunning, sculptural clothes, using a creative approach to pattern making. All the information you need to start pattern making is included, from the basic sloper to measurements and scaling. Each project is beautifully illustrated with clear diagrams and photographs, showing the stages of construction, the muslins, and the finished garments."



Talk about the WOW factor! 

All I can say is, incredible.

So a little inspiration to get your day started.
Just click on the highlighted links above and they will take you directly to Amazon. 
Enjoy!
Rhonda



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

No comments:

Post a Comment