f

Tuesday, April 23, 2019

One Nice Thing A Day/Week 3 Recap

Doing one nice thing a day for myself over the period of 1 month has proved to be quite the challenge. What has been especially interesting, in trying to do something lovely, something that I will enjoy, my mind has brought back some very interesting memories. Some of the memories have been good, and some...not good at all. The memory that has been the most difficult, is the one I am most grateful for having remembered. Taking a look at it squarely in the face has made me all the more grateful for now. 

My week held nothing that was especially exciting, but I did feed my soul, and did a few nice things for my body.

*Last Wednesday, I decided that it was time for a good detox. I usually try and do this 2 times per year. Bowel Detox, not fun, but something that leaves me feeling wonderful.

*With Easter approaching, I decided to treat myself to an Easter Lily. So lovely.

*Friday was sushi. YUM!!! One of my favorite treats :)


*On Saturday, I downloaded the new book by Tyler Perry, "Higher Is Waiting." I will do a book review soon and talk more about it as  I was so pleasantly surprised, and I loved every minute!

*I really enjoy a citrus salad. One of my favorite combinations is blood oranges and grapefruit. What a lovely, refreshing treat this was on an Easter morning :) 

*On a roll, I decided to complete my detox routine on Monday by doing a kidney flush. It may be mind over matter, but I always feel so good once I do this. If you think you might be up for something like this, you can find the recipe in THIS post. 

*Tuesday brought something quite fun...I made the jacket you see below. I still need to add the buttons and buttonholes, but it made my heart sing to actually sew again! 


Rather than do a facing, I lined the entire jacket with the lovely raw silk fabric. I just love it!!!

When I began this challenge, I thought it would be easy, it has not been easy. I knew that I would grow, that there may be some unexpected surprises. I have one more week to go. It will be interesting to see where it takes me :)

Thanks so much for following along on this little journey. I hope it will inspire you to consciously do one nice thing a day for yourself.
Rhonda



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

2 comments:

  1. Love your jacket! It simply sings spring!
    What was the exterior fabric?
    Would you be willing to share the pattern number/manufacturer?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi SuZin, Thanks so much! I am so very pleased with the jacket :) I am going to write a blog post on the jacket today with all of the info. Should be up soon :)

      Delete