f

Wednesday, November 28, 2018

The Black Friday and Cyber Monday Pattern Train Disaster!

Winter has arrived!, and it brought with it a whole big bunch of snow. I wondered how Berkley would take to it. Little guy walks out as if it's not even there. And what's amazing is that he doesn't seem to be affected by the cold. But, he really doesn't have an undercoat, so I think that once it gets super cold, he will need a coat. Maybe I just need an excuse to sew a little something for him ;) Gracie, with her super thick coat would burn up if I made a coat for her, so it's nice to have a little dog to sew for once again.  

I have loved patterns from the time I can remember. My favorite was when the new Vogue pattern catalog would come out. The Claude Montana patterns, oh my, I wanted them all!

Of course, this past weekend was Black Friday, followed by Cyber Monday. Yep, I was tempted and yes, I went a little crazy :/

First up, I bought 3 patterns from Helen's Closet. I have and have made her Winslow Culottes pattern and I really liked it. The fit was spot on to the measurements. I also loved that it had side pockets. So with that in mind, I decided to take advantage of her sale and purchase 3 more patterns. From left to right;


I will have a week with Helen coming up:)

When I was doing the sew alongs for Sew News, there were 2 pattern companies that stood above the rest, Waffle Patterns and Closet Case Patterns. They were so well drafted, the instructions were fabulous, and downloading them was a breeze since they both offered a copy shop version. Once again, with that in mind, I took advantage of the Closet Case pattern sale and went a little crazy.

From left to right;
Charlie Caftan
Kalle Shirt and Shirtdress
Ebony T-Shirt and Dress


Carolyn Pajamas
Amy Jumpsuit
Nettie Dress and Bodysuit


I bought the Bombshell Swimsuit pattern some time ago and loved it. It's pictured on the left below. I am going to take a water aerobics class this winter and would like to have a collection of swimsuits to wear. I love the underwire aspect of the Sophie Swimsuit, so that also went into my pile of patterns.
 

I did purchase 1 other pattern from Closet Case, but I'll share it once I get it made. My favorite, favorite Closet Case pattern is the Ginger Jeans pattern. I will never buy another pair of ready made jeans! 

The pattern purchasing train did not make its final stop at Closet Case, it went on and made a stop at Sew House 7. I purchased the Nehalem Pant and Skirt pattern. Won't this be cute with the Nettie Bodysuit from Closet Case and the Blackwood Cardigan from Helen's Closet? Hey, I have to justify all of my purchases somehow ;)


I don't have a lot of Christmas sewing to do, a couple of shirts for my husband, and a knitted project. Neither will take a lot of time. And even better, I have a fairly open December, so lots of sewing for me!!! So stay tuned, there will be fashion shows :)



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

7 comments:

  1. What fun! Way to go! ENJOY THEM ALL!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see everything you make with these patterns! Those pants in the last picture look very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great choices for the patterns, I was also thinking about buying the Nettie bodysuit but I didn`t...I think that is a win for me, hahaha. I have so many patterns that are waiting for me. I did go a little crazy on the Thread and Theory shop and bought a few patterns there, for my husband...I can call that selfish buying for my pleasure of sewing :)). I never saw a Waffle pattern , but I am so tempted by them. Can`t wait to see what you will sew. xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. You made some fun and great choices, and what a great way to spend December, in your sewing room! Thanks for sharing all the eye-candy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can’t wait to see when you make these all up. I’ve made 3 blackwoods with 2 more planned . It’s great for layering & an evening jacket in the desert. Happy Sewing !,,

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the Nehalem pant/skirt. It looks interesting. I want to hear how it feels to wear with the crossing over part in the front. I just wanted to make one comment about bathingsuit material. In the pool where I have taken water aerobics, there is a lot of chlorine that destroyed the lycra in about 3 months. I had to get one from Swim and Sweat made out of polyester that lasted about 1 year before the elastic and lining gave out. The body of the suit could take the chlorine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I appreciate your work on the blog. I know that it is your passion and you spend a lot of time ago. Thanks for sharing your knowledge with us.
    regards, ctnbee

    ReplyDelete