f

Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Sewbussted's Material Witness/ Chicago School of Shoe Making and Leather Arts

This past summer, a friend of mine asked me if I would like to join her for a leather sneaker workshop. I'm not a huge sneaker wearing person, but this was rather special since the sneakers would be made out of leather, and then too, I've always wanted to make a pair of shoes. So, I said, "sure, count me in!" Well, I had the best time, and I absolutely love my sneakers. I've had quite a bit of experience with making leather garments, but never a pair of shoes. 


I recently had the opportunity to meet with Sara McIntosh, the owner of The Chicago School of Shoe Making and Leather Arts. She is absolutely lovely, and such an inspiration. I think you are going to truly enjoy this episode of Sewbussted's Material Witness.



Below are a few of the items that we showcased in the video. 


The boots are just amazing. 


There are so many classes that are offered at the school, everything from bags, to shoes, to clothing items. The school is truly a place to dream and then create. And too, I think Sara's story is an inspiration for anyone who would like to realize a creative dream.  

You can find the school HERE.
On Instagram HERE.

To my delight, and surprise, I had the opportunity to do another interview and video while I was visiting the school. That video will air next Tuesday. It is such a moving and inspirational story. It actually brought me to tears. So, be sure to tune in next week for this very special episode of Sewbussted's Material Witness. I think it will touch you as much as it did me. 



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

No comments:

Post a Comment