f

Monday, July 24, 2017

Monday Morning Inspiration/Fun, Fresh, Effortless

A friend of mine was so inspired by a past Monday Morning Inspiration post that I did on Carolina Herrera that it prompted her to recreate one of the dresses. She did a beautiful job, and I think it is now one of her favorite dresses. Nice!

My friend's excitement over her dress has prompted me to pay a little more attention to what Carolina Herrera is doing. This is the time of year that many of us are growing a little weary of  warm temperatures, but are not quite ready to give up bright colors and floral prints. On a recent visit to Carolina Herrera's website I found this absolutely beautiful video that showcases her 2018 resort collection. The fabrics and colors are so dreamy! The video was shot at her Venezuelan home which been in her family since 1590, and the garden was her inspiration for this collection. It's only a little over a minute long, so it won't take much time. By all means, PLEASE take a look as the photographs do not capture the beauty of the garments the way that the video does.

Carolina Herrera New York - Resort 2018 BTS from Carolina Herrera on Vimeo.

Carolina expresses that the collection is fun, fresh, and effortless. I love how the pieces work together, and the 3 dimensional floral appliques and embroideries.


This is a dress that we have seen in the past as more of an asymmetrical bandage dress. I love the added circular skirt.




The longer jackets are lovely and the movement of the stripes makes the dress especially interesting.


I love everything about this look, the wide leg pants, the interesting play of the stripes in the peplum top, and the simple, but dramatic belt.


Fun poppies really add whimsy to the garments below.


I hope you have been inspired, I know I have!!! If you would like to see more from Carolina Herrera, you can find her website HERE.

Have a wonderfully, colorful week!
Rhonda  



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

11 comments:

  1. SO stunning: the design, the colors, the embellishments. Can't you almost feel the swish of the tulle as you view the long skirts? Wouldn't it be wonderful to dress in beautiful clothes like this all the time? Wonder what she'll come up with for fall? Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be lovely, but then I would need a staff too!!! 😉

      Delete
  2. Hi Rhonda,

    Really enjoyed the video and you are so right about it shows the garments better. FYI she said the house had been in the family since 1592 not the 1950s.

    Look forward to all your posts.

    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lynne, When I saw your note, I couldn't believe that I made the mistake on the date. If you look above, I did write 1590. Whew!, not crazy yet 😉
      I think the atmosphere in Venezuela must have something to do with how true the colors look in the video.

      Delete
  3. Loved the video. She is one of my favorite designers. She, like you, are an inspiration. I am going to give the carrot soup a go this week. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susan 😊
      If you do give the soup a try, be careful with the habanero if you aren't accustomed to spicy food.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful! Thanks for posting the video - stunning garments.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carolina Herrera does elegant femininity better than anyone else, I think. Such beautiful clothes! Thank you for the visual treat, Rhonda.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice garments! Not too over the top!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful as always! Carolina Herrera clothes are always stunning! It's good to know how to sew though, because none of them would fit a regular person.

    ReplyDelete
  8. All so pretty and feminine but without 'frou frou'. Even I could wear some of those.....

    ReplyDelete