f

Sunday, July 5, 2015

Eating For Your Future

Happy Sunday Everyone!!!
For those of you here in America, I hope you had a lovely 4th of July. Mine is always very low key. My poor dogs are terrified by the fireworks, and although it is illegal to have fireworks in Chicago, the park near our home sounds like the Vietnam War. So I shut all the windows, turn on the air conditioner, play soothing music, and then we all snuggle up in the bedroom and finish out the day with a movie. Last night we watched Whiplash. Interesting, dark, and reminded me a bit of an orchestra conductor that I played under while I was in high school.
I made an interesting dish recently and thought I would share it.

Poached Egg Over Spinach Polenta With Crispy Mushrooms and Herbs 
I found the recipe on a site that I have fallen in love with. She has the most interesting recipes. Be sure to check out her most recent post for Green Bean, Quinoa and Tarragon Salad. It has bing cherries, marcona almonds, along with the tarragon and greens beans. I think I am going to give it a try today!
Back to the Spinach Polenta, what I especially enjoyed were the crispy mushrooms. Of course, this is a vegetarian dish, but if you would like to add some meat, fried bacon would make a lovely addition. The mushrooms are initially sauteed over a burner and then put under the broiler so that they become crispy. The dish would be lovely for a Sunday morning brunch. I actually served it for dinner one night. Great on its own accompanied by a small salad. The mix of the crispy mushrooms with the creamy polenta was just so good.
You can find the recipe HERE. If you do take a look at the recipe, by all means take a few minutes to scroll through some of her other recipes. I think she'll have your mouth watering!!!    



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

4 comments:

  1. This sounds absolutely lovely. Poor dogs. It is like that here now for Guy Fawke's Night from about Hallowe'en onwards and for several days after. All the poor animals don't know what it going on and are terrified. I think that they should limit it to public displays only. Hope your dogs weren't too frightened. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought this wrap for my bigger dog called a Thunder Shirt. It actually worked. Of course she was still anxious, but not as much as she was without it. Thankfully it's quiet today, and they both seemed to be relieved. As relieved as a dog can be ;)

      Delete
  2. Being a fan of polenta, I have tossed more than a few interesting items into the dish but neve spinach. I will definitely give this a try. Thanks, Rhonda.

    ReplyDelete