Happy New Year EVERYONE!!!!!
I it's officially 2015 all over the world! When I was in the first grade, our teacher had us figure out how old we would be in the year 2000. When I saw the number, my first reaction was that I would be pretty old :) WEll, it's 15 years later, i'm still here and i don't feel so old!!!!
Last Monday i posted the book, "women in clothes," as a possible read for the new year. melwyk of http://magpiemakery.blogspot.com/, being the good librarian that she is, did a little research into the book and came up with some very interesting information and i thought i would share it with you as i think that rather, or maybe in addition to the the typical new year's resolution list, you might want to take a look at the survey. it's very thought provoking.
the book was developed....
"Through original interviews, conversations, surveys, projects, diagrams and drawings from over six hundred contributors – including Miranda July, Cindy Sherman, Elif Batuman, Mac McClelland, Lena Dunham, Molly Ringwald, Tavi Gevinson, Rachel Kushner, Roxane Gay and Sarah Nicole Prickett –Women in Clothes explores the wide range of motives that inform how women present themselves through clothes, and what style really means."Here's a look at the questions that were used to DEVELOP the book.
1. WHEN DO YOU FEEL AT YOUR MOST ATTRACTIVE?
2. DO YOU NOTICE WOMEN ON THE STREET? IF SO, WHAT SORT OF WOMEN DO YOU TEND TO NOTICE OR ADMIRE?
3. WHAT ARE SOME THINGS YOU ADMIRE ABOUT HOW OTHER WOMEN PRESENT THEMSELVES?
4. WAS THERE A MOMENT IN YOUR LIFE WHEN SOMETHING “CLICKED” FOR YOU ABOUT FASHION OR DRESSING OR MAKE-UP OR HAIR? WHAT? WHY DID IT HAPPEN THEN, DO YOU THINK?
5. WHAT ARE SOME SHOPPING RULES YOU WOULDN’T NECESSARILY RECOMMEND TO OTHERS BUT WHICH YOU FOLLOW?
6. WHAT ARE SOME RULES ABOUT DRESSING YOU FOLLOW, BUT YOU WOULDN'T NECESSARILY RECOMMEND TO OTHERS?
7. WHAT IS THE MOST TRANSFORMATIVE CONVERSATION YOU HAVE EVER HAD ON THE SUBJECT OF FASHION OR STYLE?
8. DO YOU HAVE A UNIFIED WAY OF APPROACHING YOUR LIFE, WORK, RELATIONSHIPS, FINANCES, CHORES, ETC.? PLEASE EXPLAIN.
9. ARE THERE ANY CLOTHING (OR RELATED) ITEMS THAT YOU HAVE IN MULTIPLE? WHY DO YOU THINK YOU KEEP BUYING THIS THING?
10. HAVE YOU EVER SUCCESSFULLY GIVEN SOMEONE A PRESENT OF JEWELRY OR CLOTHING THAT YOU CONTINUE TO FEEL GOOD ABOUT?
11. IS THERE ANY FASHION TREND YOU’VE REFUSED TO PARTICIPATE IN AND WHY?
12. CAN YOU SAY A BIT ABOUT HOW YOUR MOTHER’S BODY AND STYLE HAS BEEN PASSED DOWN TO YOU, OR NOT?
13. HAVE YOU STOLEN, BORROWED OR ADAPTED ANY DRESSING IDEAS OR ACTUAL ITEMS FROM FRIENDS OR FAMILY?
14. WAS THERE A POINT IN YOUR LIFE WHEN YOUR STYLE CHANGED DRAMATICALLY? WHAT HAPPENED?
15. IS THERE ANYTHING POLITICAL ABOUT THE WAY YOU DRESS?
16. PLEASE DESCRIBE YOUR BODY.
17. PLEASE DESCRIBE YOUR MIND.
18. PLEASE DESCRIBE YOUR EMOTIONS.
19. WHAT ARE YOU WEARING ON YOUR BODY AND FACE, AND HOW IS YOUR HAIR DONE, RIGHT AT THIS MOMENT?
20. IN WHAT WAY IS THIS STUFF IMPORTANT, IF AT ALL?
you may answer these questions and more here. You could print out the QUESTIONNAIRE and use it as a personal tool, or submit your answers, your choice. as we move into this new year, i think questions such as these help us to think about what we really like, what we really want, and how we want to spend our time as we move forward.
May 2015 be your best year yet!!!!!