f

Tuesday, September 23, 2014

The Colette Patterns Clover Pant Sew Along and a Compliment

Happy Tuesday Everyone!! I hope your week is off to a great start.
My exchange student and his family left yesterday evening. I came home and cried. I'll share more of the story this Sunday evening in my Sunday Night Reflections post. Needless to say, it was a very nice visit.
So...compliments.

Too often, we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.  

I received this compliment from Ginger this past weekend and it was so welcomed,
"I uploaded a picture of my Summer Breeze top made into a dress to the Sew News Flickr group. Thought you might like to see it. I made it to wear to my brother's weeding yesterday. Thank you so much for making the sew along videos. I would have never figured out the gathering step if it wasn't for you."
Thank you Ginger!! Sometimes I feel as though I am talking out into the great black void, so it's nice to know that you've actually been helpful and appreciated :)
Here's a picture of Ginger in her lovely dress.

The final week of the Colette Patterns Clover Pant Sew Along is up on the Sew News blog. You can find it here.
And here's the video just in case you might like to take a look :)



As I said in the post, I have now made 3 pairs of pants. I really do like the pattern. But something to keep in mind,each pair that I've made has just a little different fit. The first pair was made out of a cotton and lycra blend, The second pair is wool with a little lycra and the final pair is also a cotton and lycra blend, but the fabric is heavier than the first pair I made. Depending on the weight of the fabric, the type of fabric, and the percentage of stretch, there are always going to be small adjustments to make. So if one pair fits well and the next needs a little tweaking, it's not you!!! Sometimes I think sewing is all about constant tweaking :)
Good luck with your pants and be sure to check out the Flickr page and post your pictures. You can find the Colette Patterns Clover Pant Flickr page here.    



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

5 comments:

  1. Hi Rhonda, blogging can feel a bit like that, just talking to a screen, but I think that you touch a lot of people's lives more than you think. Ginger's dress is beautiful and she looks great in it. Thank you for sharing so much of your sewing knowledge with us all. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rhonda, I never miss one of your blogs. I may not get to it the day it arrives, but I save them all. Many of your patterns I have made and the others I file away to make in the future. Thank you so much for all your wonderful suggestions and choices.
    Don't feel bad about crying when your exchange student and family left. Our exchange student daughter and her family come to visit from Brazil about every other year and I cry every time they leave. Of course, I do the same thing when my own children and their families leave.

    ReplyDelete
  3. R , could u pls link me to the dress that Ginger had made. I cannot access the Flicker page. she looks so cute n slim. I would like to learn the technique

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here's the link Fahima, https://www.flickr.com/groups/sn_sewalong_3/
      If you are still unable to access the Flickr page let me know.

      Delete