f

Monday, December 11, 2017

Monday Morning Inspiration/Sadu Fabrics Inspire Beautiful Garments

Good Morning!

It's that time of year when we all get a little crazy. I am doing my utmost best to keep my days as stress free as possible. A little decorating later today. I have orders for the pickles that I make, so that's on the to do list, but...I plan on getting in some walks and at least 1 yoga class this week. 

A few days ago, the video below was posted on Facebook and I was so inspired. You may have seen it, but if you haven't, by all means, take a look. It's just a little over 2 minutes long, so it won't take any time at all. Absolutely love how the traditional Sadu fabrics of the Bedouin women have been used in such a lovely, modern, and yet, respectful manner. 



The designer, Katya Kovtunovich in and surrounded by her designs.


I love the inspiration of the stripes. Just a touch on this little black dress.


Fabulous pencil skirt design.


Love the pants. 


My favorite piece of all. Such a fun use of the stripes.

 

Katya's story is really quite interesting. Her parents felt that although her dream was to be a fashion designer, she should pursue something that would give her a better chance at success. She became a writer for Vogue magazine, but ultimately pursued her dream. You can read her story HERE. It's a little long, but well worth the time.   

Have a wonderful start to your week!
And remember to do something nice for yourself :)
Rhonda



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

6 comments:

  1. Wow, what beautiful garments. The colours and designs are just lovely. Sorry to have missed it , but happy belated birthday. I hope that you had a lovely day. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You didn’t miss it! My birthday is actually tomorrow 😊

      Delete
  2. Very inspiring. I love how Katya described the fabric has having a soul.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was intrigued from the moment I saw the video. 😊

      Delete
  3. Hi Rhonda,
    What a fabulously inspirational article...................love her designs and the fabrics too. It really is a good read.

    Have a magical Birthday tomorrow; you truly deserve each and every blessing, and we are blessed getting to know you. Hugsxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! Gave me some ideas for a fabric that's been lying around for some years. When I'll actually get to it - well, that's another story.

    ReplyDelete