f

Friday, April 24, 2015

Vogue 1250 Pictures

I received so many wonderful compliments on the gown I made last week using Vogue 1250. What I didn't tell you was that it was one of those hot off the press numbers, you know, make it in the morning and wear it that night!!!! Sadly, I was very busy that evening, so I didn't get pictures taken, but I did put the dress back on this morning and took a few pictures so you can see how it looks on the body.
In the pictures below, you get just a glimpse of the shoes.

 And now for a little preview, I was asked about adding sleeves to the pattern, and I did!!!
It really isn't difficult to do, just a bit tricky. Our next post will be a tutorial on adding the sleeves. YEA!!! So if you haven't purchased the pattern yet, you'll really need to now :)
By the way, I made a mistake last week when I said that the pattern is out of print. The good news is that it is very much available. If you would like to order one for yourself, you can find it HERE.



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

26 comments:

  1. This dress is stunning and you look fabulous in it. It is a real red carpet frock. I like the top too. It looks very different with sleeves and in that fabric. What a versatile pattern. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at you! Absolutely stunning gown. I love the drapes and the shape. It looks amazing on you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, will be trying this one. I'll be interested to see what you did at the back with the curved waist seam. When I made a top (without sleeves) I kept the seam and made a bit of a peplum out of it. It is a wonderful and easy pattern and your dress is just stunning on you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The blouse is pretty, but the dress: VaVaVoom! You are a knockout!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning! And so simple to achieve stunning! Good job!

    Happy highways,
    Kelley~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great look! I've loved V1250 from a distance but prefer sleeves, so I'll be watching. Since it is only 2 pattern pieces, is it user friendly for upsizing?

    ReplyDelete
  7. My local spotlight has a sale on Vogue patterns right now so I know exactly what I'm going to get!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous dress and fabric Rhonda! I made this pattern before but with the wrong fabric. I've been wanting to make a maxi version!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What all the above posters said!!
    And Vavoom!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's the wonderful thing about sewing. Make it and wear it the same day. I've done that so many times.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love both looks! The long dress is gorgeous, worthy of a special event. I actually have this pattern in my stash but haven't made it because of the sleeve issue. I'll be watching for the tutorial as it looks great with sleeves too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You look just stunning in this dress and top. You are blessed with a beautiful figure and this dress flatters it in the most glamorous way, classy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You look amazing in this dress, talking about class and sophistication, the fit is on point. And I love the added sleeves, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is just gorgeous. Extremely flattering to you, and I love the shimmer. It looks like high fashion to me! Thanks for the tip on this pattern, too -- looking forward to that sleeve tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thoroughly gorgeous, tres elegant. Adding the sleeves changes the character entirely and makes a brilliant t-shirt. I will probably buy this having seen that now

    ReplyDelete
  16. A fabulous dress and for such a simple pattern. Sometimes less is definitely more.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This dress is so glamorous on your perfect silhouette. Stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your dress and top. The dress is very glamorous.

    ReplyDelete
  19. It looks awful on the pattern photo, really poor fit, whereas yours is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have made that dress but not as an evening gown. It looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  21. wow, the dress is stunning!

    ReplyDelete