f

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

The Sew Liberated Clara Dress Sew Along Begins!

Good Morning Everyone! The sew along for the Sew Liberated Clara dress has officially started. If you would like to join along and you have not purchased your pattern, there's still time, as this week we are just talking about fabric choice and a few tips on cutting.
The pattern is out of stock in the Sew News store, but you can easily purchase the pattern directly from Sew Liberated, http://sewliberated.com/products/clara-dress-sewing-pattern . When I purchased my pattern, I bought it directly from Sew Liberated. The ordering process was easy and my pattern arrived within just a few days. All around, a very nice experience.  
You can find the this week's blog post here,  http://www.sewnews.com/blogs/sewing/2014/04/21/clara-dress-sew-along-week-1/
Next week I'll show you the finished dress I did for the videos. I will be making the dress again for the sew along and I will be using the cotton voile that you see above. Be sure to see the blog post as I will be adding a few features to my sew along dress that I did not do in the video.
If you would like to take a look at the video, I've posted it here for you.
 


I'm so happy that the weather is finally beginning to warm up so I can wear my dress again. I made the original dress last August. Before I sent it off to Sew News, I managed to wear it twice. Now, I do not have a shortage of clothes to wear ;), but I found the dress so comfortable and easy to wear that it was difficult to let it go. By the way, the dress works well with a sweater on days that are a little chilly. As you can see, I really like the dress and I hope you'll like yours as well.
If you are participating in the sew along, be sure to post your fabric choice on the Flickr page, https://www.flickr.com/groups/sn_sewalong2/. I know everyone will enjoy seeing what you've chosen. 



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

No comments:

Post a Comment