Do you ever have days when it seems like EVERYTHING goes wrong with whatever it is that you touch. I had thought that I would quickly finish up my Fabulous Free Pattern Friday piece this morning. That didn't happen. So I thought that I would finish up my Make a Garment A Month piece especially since I am so behind, after all this is November 8th. As I started getting into the project, I realized that I really should get my Sleeves On Saturday piece done since I need to leave rather early tomorrow morning, so I put the jacket aside. Then to just put the cheery on top of the whole mess, I managed to cut my sleeve out on the wrong side of the fabric. I was not happy, especially since I don't have enough of that fabric to re-cut the sleeve. The entire piece is now pinned on to a whole new piece of fabric. Let's see if I can get through this project without a mishap.
Before I begin to cut, I thought I would take a quick break and give you a quick update on my now very late October outfit. Trust me, I am determined tom get this finished and get on to the next project.
This is the picture that I showed you back in October.
The skirt is finished. For a simple a-line skirt that should have gone together in a snap, it didn't. The pattern is a 1970's vintage pattern and the skirt had a yoke. I decided that I didn't want the yoke as I wanted a shorter skirt, so I illuminated the yoke and adjusted the waist. I thought I adjusted it correctly, but when I tried it on after it was completed, the waist was 2" too large. I was not happy. This meant that I had to take out flat felled seams and all the stitching I had done at the waist. Needless to say, I did it and now it is fine.
On a happy note, I have received three more packages of pillowcases, so the count continues to grow. Very exciting. I'll post those tomorrow.
I hope your Friday is going better than mine has at this point. I'm off to cut that sleeve and I am determined to get it right this time!! Wish me luck :)