f

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Sew News Excitement!!

For those of you who have been following the blog for a while, you know that I competed in the American Sewing Expo Passion For Fashion Contest last September. Here is a picture of my creation,
 and a picture of my inspiration.
I won the People's Choice Award and I met Ellen March, editor of Sew News!! My friend Brenda, (everybody needs a friend like Brenda!!) wore a different Fabulous Free Pattern Friday piece each day of the expo and made sure that I got to meet Ellen. Upon meeting her, I had just about a minute to tell her about what I do. She loved the idea and handed me her card. From there I was contacted by an editorial assistant and we got the ball rolling.
I am so very happy and so very honored to be a guest blogger for Sew News. The first post went live yesterday afternoon. You can see it here,    http://www.sewnews.com/blogs/sewing/2013/01/23/learn-to-make-an-8-gore-skirt-with-rhonda-buss/
It's about how easy it is to draft an eight fore skirt.
If you have not checked out the Sew News blog, you should!! They have a fun post that they do on Friday called Free Stuff Friday. They give away wonderful books, fabric and projects. We all love to win a prize!!
I will be doing another post for Sew News in a few weeks. I'll let you know when it is up. I'm so very excited!!!!!!
Before I go, I must thank all of you who drop by each day and have contributed your time and comments to my blog. Without all of you...I would just be talking to myself ;) Thank you, thank you!!
Rhonda



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

35 comments:

  1. Congratulations Rhonda! That blue outfit is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I had a wonderful model. She really made it pop!

      Delete
  2. CCCCCCCCCCCCongrats Lady!!!! So well deserved!!!!! I can't wait to read your insights in SewNews.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cool! I look forward to your next post too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations.. I saw on their Facebook page..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BTW, I'm still thinking about how great you looked in that "Sherlock Holmes" outfit :)

      Delete
  5. Congratulations, Rhonda! Whoop! That blue outfit is stunning. On my way to check out Sew News . . .

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great outfit. Was Susan Khalje one of the judges on that contest? I love your design, but then, I always do.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! Your creations is beautiful! Well done. Also, well done on the 8 gore skirt tutorial. I will try it for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Roberta! I hope you do give the skirt a try. It's really very easy to do and since you only need the waist, hip and length measurement, the skirt make a great gift as well.

      Delete
  8. Well done! Your Blue creation is beautiful and unique and the skirt tutorial is clear and easy to follow. I'll try it for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations Rhonda. You've done such a beautiful creation. Fabulous colour and what an inspiration to work from.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's wonderful news and love your creations.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's so great, Rhonda - Sew News is fortunate to have you write for them. And I'm so glad to see the photos of you PFF outfit - it was amazing in person, and so cool to be able to check on your progress during the show (although it must have been nervewracking to have to work out in the open bullpen like that!) I've been waiting to see photos, and thanks so much for including the praying mantis photo too! Love to read what you're up to, so keep sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oddly enough, I focused so much on what I was doing and really didn't pay too much attention to everyone around me.
      It is truly an honor to be able to write for the Sew News blog. I am so excited about this opportunity. So happy to have you following the blog Janee :)

      Delete
  12. Congratulations, Rhonda! It is well deserved that your patterns are featured. You're awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations on your new writing job! The blue outfit you created is absolutely stunning. Thanks for sharing it with us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dixie!
      I am really excited about this opportunity.

      Delete
  14. So happy to hear of your success. You deserve all that comes your way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so sweet. Thank you for all the support that you send my way. You are one in a million :)

      Delete
  15. Congrats! So very much deserved.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a gorgeous interpretation of nature! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doesn't quite qualify for Jungle January, but the model really does look great!

      Delete
  17. Congratulations on both the win and Sew News! How exciting. The blue nature inspired outfit is just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations, Rhonda! This is a wonderful, well deserved honor.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations! Your inspiration is a beautiful color as is the garment that reflects it.

    ReplyDelete