f

Sunday, October 6, 2019

I'm Back!!!

After a bit of time away, I'm happy to say...

I'm Back!!!

No great story, I've had shingles. Such an ugly thing to deal with, brought on by a bit too much stress, or my lack of dealing well with that stress. To make matters all the worse, it was around my waist, so the blisters were aggravated by any type of waistband. It was healing, and then...it came back. But, all is good now, just a lovely scar around my waist, but hey!, no scars no proof ;)

In case you are wondering, I did have the vaccine. Oh well. I have not had the new vaccine, but plan to do it within the next few days. So hopefully this will all be behind me :)

I did a little video review of the book Hero Dogs by Wilma Melville with Paul Lobo. My little Mr. Berkley joins me in the video. Be sure to watch to the very end as Berkley gives his review of my review! Made me laugh, and I think it will you as well :) 

     



Hope you enjoyed Mr. Berkley :) If you give the book a try, I think you'll enjoy it. 
Until next time,
Read On!

Rhonda



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

8 comments:

  1. I adore how excited Mr Barkley got when he heard the word "tunnels"! That's how my son's very indoors dog reacts when he hears "outside." He can be so sad and sulky because Mom or Dad (my son or daughter-in-law) have left him, but the moment someone says that word he is at the door spinning like a little six pound top. I swear, dogs are the most optimistic creatures in existence!

    That's a long way around to saying that an uplifting book about rescued dogs who become search and rescue heroes seems just right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry you had shingles! It was fun to hear about Mr. Berkely's tunnel running technique and I am excited about ordering and reading "Hero Dogs". The time, energy and thought you put into your blog are so apparent and are very much appreciated!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely missed you Rhonda. Glad you're back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry to hear of your bout of the nasty shingles. I had a case several years ago (around my torso) and it came when I was emotionally stressed. Glad you are okay now so I look forward to see some lovely garments come out of your studio. Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rhonda,
    I cannot believe all you have been through. I am shocked to hear you have suffered shingles as well as the injuries you had. God bless you! LOVED this review and I will definitely get this book as I live in OK. Cannot imagine how that woman cares for all those dogs and travels with them. Wow! You did a great job on the review, and Mr. Berkely is the PERFECT name for that dog. I am so glad you have him to comfort you after all you have been through recently. Hugs, Joy

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad to have you back in the swing of things. Been missing you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved seeing Mr. Berkley. He's a treasure as are all dogs. Am looking forward to reading the book.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Im going to check it out at my library-thank you for the recommendation!

    ReplyDelete