f

Thursday, May 25, 2017

The Wednesday Showcase

What a week it has been...so far! My entire day on Tuesday was spent seeing doctors, ugh! But, all good. The stitches are out of my back, YEA!!! 

I had intended to come home yesterday afternoon and get this post out, but obviously, it didn't happen. So although it's no longer Wednesday, I know how much many of you enjoy the Wednesday Showcase posts, so I thought that rather than wait another week, I would just be a day late :)

First up this week is Samina of Sew Everything Blog. She says that she is always sewing! Her work has been featured in Threads magazine, Vogue Patterns magazine, Stitch magazine, and she has even made the cover of Notions, the American Sewing Guild publication. So I agree, she is ALWAYS sewing!!!

Many of you have probably made up this Vogue pattern for pants, Vogue 1411. It's actually a Sandra Betzina pattern.


Well, Samina absolutely loves it and has made it many times. Just scroll through her blog and you'll see a number of versions. I think this is not only a great go to pattern, it's perfect for traveling.


I absolutely fell in love with this little jacket. Samina took a vintage pattern and gave it such a modern look. The topstitching, the lining, the bound edges, simply perfection!


I loved THIS tutorial she did on padded hangers, a true necessity. After all,we spend so much time making fabulous garments, they deserve to be treated in a special manner.


You'll find lots of great information on Samina's blog, so be sure to pop over and take a little time to discover all she shares.

Next up is Julie of Sew Chica Sew. She lives in New York and loves to make and wear beautiful clothes. 

I thought this was just such a sweet look for summer. The matching hat is the perfect accessory!


Julie loves to wear dresses and she uses prints that are just such fun, like this lemon print.


The dress she is wearing below is made from a cotton that she found online at Joann's Fabrics. The print has reproductions of the Mexican card game, Loteria. She paired it with a purchased fascinator, and those killer shoes. Not only does she have an incredibly beautiful wardrobe, her shoe collection is to die for!!!


So many have been making up this beautiful top pattern. Love it paired with this skirt. This is truly a "watch me as I walk away" kind of a top. She took scraps from the skirt and made this cute little cropped top giving the skirt a totally different look.
  

Just a short scroll through Julie's blog and I think you will be so inspired!

Well, I am off to the dentist, not happy :( But, the rest of the day is mine!!!, and it's going to be spent in my studio. So always a silver lining :)

Have a wonderful day!
Rhonda 



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

11 comments:

  1. Thank you for introducing these talented ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rhonda,
    Fabulous post. Can you tell us the details of the pattern for the cream off the shoulder top with the incredible sleeves please.

    Many thanks.
    Happy weekend everyone.
    Marysia.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rhonda, thank you! I'm thrilled that you included me in your Wednesday post, along with the other uber talented ladies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Samina's taste and the fact that she sews current styles and vintage

      Delete
  4. Lots of great inspiration in this weeks Wednesday Showcase - thanks for introducing us to these 2 talented ladies !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, Rhonda, thank you so much for featuring my blog! I was stunned when I was reading through the post and noticed my pictures. I did a little happy dance in my apartment. Thanks also for your very kind and supportive comments. I loaned my personal laptop to a friend who needed it to complete the semester, and when I get it back I will be able to blog more. Your recognition and support have given me such inspiration. Many thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As I always say, it is truly my pleasure. You have the loveliest wardrobe! So happy that I could be a little spark of inspiration to get you back to the blog 😊

      Delete
    2. A question about the white top you are wearing with the Tommy Bahama skirt, did you make it, and if so, what pattern did you use?

      Delete
  6. I'm playing catch up again and had to comment on just how talented both of these ladies are! If it takes me even longer to comment in future you know who is to blame 😉

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's okay, I'm happy to take the blame 😉

      Delete