Saturday, October 27, 2012

Sunday Brunch

This will be the last Sunday Brunch post that I will do for a while. I need a change!! I love to make soups during the fall and winter so I thought that during the upcoming cool months I would share the soups that I love to make. So our Sunday morning posts will become Sunday Soups.
For my last Sunday Brunch recipe, I thought I would share a favorite fall recipe,

Zucchini Bread 

3 eggs
1 cup of oil
2 cups of sugar
2 cups of grated zucchini
2 teaspoons of vanilla
1 cup chopped nuts, I like walnuts, but use your favorite
Blend above and set aside.

In another bowl combine;
2 cups of flour, I use whole wheat
1/4 teaspoon of baking powder
2 teaspoons of baking soda
3 teaspoons of cinnamon
1 teaspoon of salt
Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Once completely combined pour into a greased tube pan or 2 loaf pans.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake bread for 1 hour or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
Allow to cool then remove from pan.
 The bread/cake is moist and delicious! Slice and enjoy!
May our Sunday be special!

Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This


  1. Mmmm, one of my favorites! I'm trying out a gluten free recipe for cranberry orange bread today (except I made it cran-apple-orange).

    1. Post your recipe. It sounds wonderful!!

  2. Mmmmm... Soups. I love soup!!!

    1. Me too, a lot, a lot, a lot! That's why I thought it might've a nice change. Hey, I'm making them anyway!!

  3. Looks scrumptious.... I love zucchini bread which I normally buy at the farmers market. Thanks for sharing the recipe.

    1. Give this one a try Shelia. It's really easy to make and it tastes wonderful. Freezes well too.