f

Friday, September 16, 2011

Fabulous Free Pattern Friday

 A Little Fun At The Beach

This week I am doing another repost. I initially posted this back in February, so it's a little buried and I have retitled everything Fabulous Free Pattern Fridays to make the posts a little easier to find. Cennetta, this is especially for you. Cennetta brought a wonderful piece of fabric to our Haute Couture meeting and was a little stumped as to what to do with it. I wish I could show the fabric to you. It was a sheer fabric with some great lines that had a velvet like feel, beautiful. She could do this jacket/wrap and a pair of velvet pants, incredible.  


This is the jacket/wrap in a non-beach setting. You can see that the back has a wonderful drape. The piece is quite dramatic.
My husband and I had a little fun at the beach with these pictures, a great environment for movement! The piece does not need to be made from a knit fabric. Mine is made from a silk chiffon.




This is exactly the same pattern, just a different fabric and made a little shorter. The piece can be made any length that you would like. I have a friend that is quite petite and she did the piece so that it hangs only a little below her waist.


This is a pattern that can be used for an evening jacket/wrap, a beach cover-up, or even a lovely robe for wearing at home. Just let your imagination go with the possibilities. And because it's also so easy to make, you can make one for every woman on your Christmas list in no time at all. For the instructions, click  here.   
Enjoy, and I hope you have a fabulous Friday!



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

3 comments:

  1. I just finished this. I saw your post early this morning and remembered a piece of fabric I had for some time and didn't know what to do with it. Kind of polyester/chiffon. It turned out great! Thanks so much. Goes with me on my next cruise (whenever that happens to be)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I will definitely make it, post the garment review, and bring it to show and share. BTW- Great photo shoot worthy of a fashion magazine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE this! I had 3 yards of beautiful silk chiffon awaiting the right project, and this is it. Turned out beautifully. Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete