f

Tuesday, May 7, 2019

Monday Morning Inspiration/Dior Beads and Embroidery

The Haute Couture Club of Chicago annual fashion show was held this past Sunday. Our member, Stephanie, who blogs HERE, along with her daughter did such an amazing job with the show. Once it was over...I was exhausted! So, I decided to take a "take care of Rhonda day" yesterday. It was just what I needed :) I'll share more about the pieces I had in the show later this week. But, I thought I would go ahead and post this week's edition of the Denver Art Museum's Dior exhibit. As I looked through my pictures, I realized that I had neglected to share the beaded pieces. They are far to spectacular not to share. I'll finish up next week with the whimsical garments.   

Talk about shimmy when you shake! They should have held a contest to guess how many beads are in this dress ;)


Although this dress is fairly heavy with bead work, it still has a lighter than air quality.  


Here's a close look at the hem. So very pretty.


The exhibit included a few of the bead work samples. Just amazing!



This gown was especially interesting.


So feminine.


Now take a look at the front. Can you imagine doing all of this bead work???


I thought that the gown above was impressive until I saw the one below. This piece is completely embroidered with seed beads! How many people went blind doing this one??? The contest for this one could have been to guess how much it weighs!


Another beauty. All of the embroidery and the bead work, just gorgeous.


Now that's I've taken the class on Tambour Beading/Embroidery, I truly understand the process and work that goes into these spectacular pieces of work. Each and everyone one belong in an art museum.

As I said, next week I will finish up with the whimsical pieces from the collection. Some were just such fun! I think you will enjoy them :)

Hope your week is off to a great start!
 Rhonda



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

6 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing your pictures, especially the closeups! This is as close as I will get to seeing such exquisite work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy that you are getting to enjoy the exhibit, even if it is virtually through me :)

      Delete
  2. Wow! Wow! Wow! I've been interested in beading on fabric for years, but am just now taking an online tutorial on it. These dresses are amazing!! And that pink color--I'm swooning...really beautiful, isn't it? In high school (many moons ago), I was in a production of "Cabaret" and wore an antique beaded flapper dress that had been donated to the drama department. I think my love for beaded garments started then. When I sang and swayed, the beads (on a see-through black gauze-like fabric over a solid shift) swung too. It was so fun to wear that garment: such movement in it. I can remember that feeling to this day. Thanks so much for sharing these. Rhonda.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it though??? I have actually been tempted to try and go to the exhibit while it is in Dallas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beauty, beauty !! I am happy to find this post. I really like every entry you make.
    Regards, CTNBEE

    ReplyDelete